Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Mista Gimmie
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang,
I am trying to hook up my coworkers kid with a used stock silencer. The kids silencer is a bit scratched and I know a friend who has a used one available. The model years are different though at 97 and 98 respectively. I called Watson and the knuckle head there just looked in a D&D cataloge and said no-go. I called Xtreme, in IN, and he said they are the same of 14310-34E01-H01. Well if I wouldn't have bent my 929 back in March some of you would have found out I think nearly all shops blow goats so I don't know if they are interchangeable or not. If some of you Suzuki boys can set me straight I would appriciate it.

Thanx,

AV

P.S. Is GSXR Tony's Busa bike of the week or bike of the year?!

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
stock gsxr cans should be the same from 96 and up till 99(2000 for the 600) for both the 600 and the 750. 3 bolt pattern. In fact the Hayabusa still comes with this 3 bolt can(only times 2). If you are looking for one of these 3 bolt pattern exhaust cans try PMing BusaDave. He should have a couple lying around since he has 3 busas. Outside of that you could try ebay, there are tons of them out there.

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
captainpeebody said:
I'll sell you mine cheap. It looks like new, not a scratch on it. It was only on for a couple hundred miles.
your's wont fit. didnt you read my description? current models use a 4 bolt pattern, he has an older SRAD that uses the 3 bolt.

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
i have a stock one for a 96 750 never on the bike still has blue wrapping on it. $30 bucks its yours:-

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
captainpeebody said:

You think anyone reads what you post. All I see is blah blah blah blah I like women blah blah blah, pete is gay.
:eek:t
That looks about right, Pete. Remember, never mess with a man in a forum he moderates! :laughing

·
Mista Gimmie
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
HEY!!! Whats the deal with the bike of the week? Does no one respond to post script?

Thanx for the info Vcook.

Jim, I informed my coworker about your offer and when he gets back to me I will let ya know. I actualy had a silencer lined up, if you read my post, but $30 for one with that blue wrapper Suzuki put on em......:rolleyes , sounds like a good deal. In addition to that he is also missing the bolt/wahser/nut that attaches it to the subframe so if you have that laying around I'm sure he will take it too.

:eek:t

Ken & Andy,

I'm doing good but I was just scratched compared to what Andy has been battleing through! I have seen some posts and it sounds like you are in for the long haul. I have no doubt you will eventually be doing all you can as you strike me as haveing a very solid attitude and I think I remember you saying you have had some other rough pile-ups. I know all about that too bro, I too have been wadded up in a number of ways, fortitude is all I have to say about that.

I was pretty much healed up and back to work just after mid April, which is not too bad considering I took it in the ass on 3/30. I went back under the knife 9/25 because I hadn't completly healed. Apparently the force of impacting the ground had sheared my skin and a pocket about 2" in dia., under the surface of the skin, just wouldn't heal up. The surgery was supposed to be one day in and out but they kept me overnight, must have liked me back in March..... Anyway the Dr. just opened it up and now it is nearly all healed up. ABOUT TIME! I sure got tired of it draining out for months. I am deffinatly more sympathetic towards the ladies and that time of the month....oh no did I just say that?!

I sure wish I could have twisted it up with you guys as getting on the track was a major mission for me. Well after the spill $ was and is scarce but I have been piecing my 929 together slowly. I only need a couple more itmes and she will be road worthy. I don't think we will be getting together though as I will be heading back to Montana this December. After the get-off and not having the street cycle to keep me busy I realized what is important to me. Many activies and hobbies I just can't do here compounded by the fact that the city doesn't do it for me lit a fire under my ass to enjoy where I live and love what I am doing. Life is just too damn short for me to just sit around dreaming about dirtbiking, hiking, camping, fishing, snowboarding and a host of other activities Big Sky allows me to enjoy. So I'm on my way back west. I am sure I will keep an eye on the board so if any of you cowboys and cowgirls take a long road burn west let me know. There sure are some great roads to play on out there. My pulse is raising just thinking about it! Ye haw!

Later on,

AV

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Good to hear from you Aaron and glad your doing well. Sorry to hear your leaving us but sounds like you are very happy about it. good luck on the move. I'll look you up if I get out there.:cheers

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
I'm completely jealous.....Chicago sucks.....take me with you:(

If I could find a good job that pays 75% of what I make today I'd move out there is a second.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts