Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im undecided on what color bulb temp to get. I'm thinking of getting 3000k low and 8000k high. Any of you that have HIDs fill me in on what hid's to get and what's the best color temp? The 3000k I was told it's prefect for rain and fog conditions, 8000k light up the road pretty good. What do you guys think? This kit is for $170, I also plan on getting the ultra slim ballast for $30 bucks more.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
i have the 6000k and i like its, its a happy middle of blueish color and light output

·
Cuddlie as a koala
7,520 Posts
When did headlights and taillights become an appearance item?

·
CRF50 Squid
9,583 Posts
4K for the best brightness and a hint of blueish purple.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
when xenon made blue bulbs. Honestly though the light output from Hid's is alot better than stock halogens to. Unless you go higher kelven then its just a waste for color output.

·
Pathological Thrill Seekr
5,196 Posts
6K-8K has the best look as well as a nice output.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
4K for the best brightness and a hint of blueish purple.
4k is gonna give you a stock hid appearance. 6k is slight blue, 8k is blueish purple (what i have on my car) and 10k your tapping purple with halogen light output, 12k and 14k is just retardedly purple with hardly any light.

if you want, come over one day and ill show you the diff between 6000k (on the cbr) and 8000k (on the car) so you can figure what color to go with

·
CRF50 Squid
9,583 Posts
Don't bother unless you go with a full retrofit. All you will do is create lots of glare. I plan on doing a full retrofit on my Gixxer over the winter.

·
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
11,172 Posts
Don't bother unless you go with a full retrofit. All you will do is create lots of glare. I plan on doing a full retrofit on my Gixxer over the winter.
+1

8k is junk and cuts your light out put in Half.

4-6 k is bearable but you are still creating large amounts of glare. do it right and do a retro.

·
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
11,172 Posts
Fock retro, as long as u got projector beams with angle cut-off. BTW go 6K
lol,

thank goodness you know more than me, I would have said that projectors that are not designed for HIDs are NOT going to perform as well as an projector that was designed for it.

Here is another JOKE of an HID Kit.

Glare spots to hit oncoming drivers in the face, they accidentally cross over the line trying to shift their head to avoid being blinded and bam, hood ornament.

·
Look into Pastulio's Eyes
914 Posts
I'm just being silly, but firebitch is right! Retro is best, unfortunate there is no know proper retro for ny make and model thus I use in stock PROJECTOR housing, which is still better then the refector housing on CBR's

PS Moa's still an asshole

·
CRF50 Squid
9,583 Posts
No means no. Now go back to eating your bull penis stew.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
i have both sets from oznium.com

THe install is plug and play, the only hard part is placing the balasts. Luckily if you wanna do a retrofit on our headlights you can use the projectors directly from a r6/r1. There is a write up on 600rr.net if you want. I've contmplated doing it over winter

·
Enjoying Life!!
17,771 Posts
I got my HID's as well as many others from the R1 forum. I'm not sure if they have a kit or not, but might be able to set you up with something ;)

http://www.aandrmotorsport.com/

Also as stated go projectors if your gonna do anything.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts