Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is another party scheduled for the 26th, but I hope some of you will be able to make this one also. I decided to do a combined party with a friend and we are expecting a good turn out. This party is a combined Halloween party, and it is also for my birthday, which falls the week after.

Here's the details:

location: Katacomb's - 1909 N. Lincoln Park West, Chicago, IL

when: Saturday, October 26, 9:00pm

Details: $30 for 3 hours open Call bar.
Time: 9 p.m. to Midnight
Prizes for best costumes!!

Also, try and RSVP (on this thread will be fine) though if you feel like showing up at the last minute.....thats cool too, we are expecting a ton of people, and want to have an accurate head count :cheers

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hmm, alot of views but no replies.
I think everybody's wondering the same thing as me Gautham
30 bucks for 3hrs:twofinger
where are the proceeds going towards?
a new bike for you:nono

·
I wok!
3,079 Posts
maybe u missed it vince.. but he said its open bar for 3 hours... so thats likw aht 1.5 drinks and hour to make up the cost of entrance? not too bad considering most have at least 2 or more drinks in an hour:D

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
I like to stay home on Holloween. Gotta make sure the kids don't egg my house.:D :laughing :laughing

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
uicsux said:
lol crazy im coming to ur place with some eggs =P:jester
Come on down. I'm ready for ya. Locked and loaded:D :laughing :laughing

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
akumaR6 said:
Hmm, alot of views but no replies.
I think everybody's wondering the same thing as me Gautham
30 bucks for 3hrs:twofinger
where are the proceeds going towards?
a new bike for you:nono

yeah vince, garfield is rite! i don't get a single dollar out of this. the way it works is you set up a nite with the bar. you figure out what kind of liquor you want. the bar sets a price per head. i give them a minimum number of heads that will show up. if i don't make the minimum (which can be as low 15 people), i pay out of pocket. i have an e-vite set up for this....lotsa people coming. i've been to many parties like this before, and have thrown a couple myself. usually i do them for birthdays or seriously just for the hell of it. its a good way to get alot of people together, and friends can bring friends who friends, etc. plus, you make out like a bandit! $30 for 3 hours of drinking! my next party (i'm looking to do another one with a friend of mine for his girlfriend's bday) is probably gonna be on nov. 22. i heard of a new place called bar 3. i haven't actually been there, but plan on checking it out for that nite. has anyone else ever been there?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Crazy said:

Come on down. I'm ready for ya. Locked and loaded:D :laughing :laughing
yeah, i'd watch out....he'll probably be sitting there with his bow and arrows!!!!!:twofinger

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
GautamCity said:

yeah, i'd watch out....he'll probably be sitting there with his bow and arrows!!!!!:twofinger
Naaaah!!!!!!!!!! On halloween I take out the sniper Rifle. I prefer you not get close enough for me to use the bow:D :D :laughing :laughing :laughing

·
Registered
264 Posts
hmm, ok my fault for reading this the wrong way.

I was more or less comparing it to the ones that I went to
in the past. $20/person for food and well drinks. for 3hrs
but if your talking open bar, you call it, thats a whole difffernt
story. :thumbsup Can you send me the evite Gautam??:cheers

[email protected]

·
Lovin this Twin
1,980 Posts
Crazy said:

Naaaah!!!!!!!!!! On halloween I take out the sniper Rifle. I prefer you not get close enough for me to use the bow:D :D :laughing :laughing :laughing

Ya think thats a wise comment, considering whats been going on in the Washington area?

not trying to be a wise ass just an observation

·
Registered
916 Posts
HooliganZX6 said:

Ya think thats a wise comment, considering whats been going on in the Washington area?

not trying to be a wise ass just an observation
Yeah... I can see Crazy's next post now...

For Sale: 1992 White Chevy Astro Work Van, 120,000 miles, ladder rack, minor powder burns on grey interior. Must sell ASAP seller relocating from DC area $4500/obo

:laughing :laughing JUST KIDDING :laughing :laughing

this won't be the first time I'm accused of having a sick sense of humor. :rolleyes

On a serious note....

That sick bastard out east is gonna have his nuts in a sling when they find his ass. I'm betting that waste of flesh will never make it to a courtroom. I think a public stoning is in order.:evil

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
vtr996 said:

Yeah... I can see Crazy's next post now...

For Sale: 1992 White Chevy Astro Work Van, 120,000 miles, ladder rack, minor powder burns on grey interior. Must sell ASAP seller relocating from DC area $4500/obo

:laughing JUST KIDDING :laughing this won't be the first time I'm accused of having a sick sense of humor.
On a serious note....

That sick bastard out east is gonna have his nuts in a sling when they find his ass. I'm betting that waste of flesh will never make it to a courtroom. I think a public stoning is in order.:evil
:laughing :rofl :rofl :laughing
I don't know about you guys but if I was that guy the van would be in the Patomic by now after seeing it plastered all over the news. Anyway, Mark it was hilarious but they gotta get that guy:mad :mad

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Please attend carefully..
2,625 Posts
You know, I had in the back of my mind that this could be the work of al-Qaeda (sp?). Now, one witness described the driver as Middle Eastern and the Sun-Times headline this morning was that one of the latest victims is an FBI terrorism expert.

Hopefully some of the new tips can expedite the capture of this - I don't even want to call it a person.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Norseman82 said:
You know, I had in the back of my mind that this could be the work of al-Qaeda (sp?). Now, one witness described the driver as Middle Eastern and the Sun-Times headline this morning was that one of the latest victims is an FBI terrorism expert.

See Mark...it can't be me.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
getting back to the topic........
GROVER'S PARTY DATE HAS BEEN CHANGED.

now i know i'll see everyone on the 26th!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Directions for the party.......it is TOM. (Saturday, Oct. 26)

1. Take 88 East (towards Chicago)
2. Then take 290 East (towards Chicago)
3. Then take 90/94 West (towards Wisconsin)
4. Exit North Ave. and turn Right
5. Turn Left on Halstead
6. Turn Right on Armitage
7. Make a Soft Right on Lincoln. Then if you look Left, you'll see Lincoln Park West.
It is basically on that corner.

the address for the place is 1909 N. Lincoln Park West, Chicago, IL

Hope to see everyone there!:cheers

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
Cool.

I PM'd Max about this. We'll be showing up for this. If you are showing up for my party, I should return the favor. Also meet some other folks to show up for MY party. Any advice on parking? It's always a hassle in Chicago. Lincoln Park? Oh yeah :cheers

I was going to ask for directions, but I can modify those to suit us northern folks..
take 90/94 to North Ave, turn left towards the lake, then follow the instructions from the previous post.

Chris

1 - 20 of 29 Posts