Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok is there an website to show the tricks of killing people? Because i swear I'll shoot somebody, walk up hit them and they take one swing and im half way across the screen? Either that or they are using cheats. Because somehow it takes me twice as much to kill somebody.

·
Clever Girl
10,122 Posts
Ok is there an website to show the tricks of killing people? Because i swear I'll shoot somebody, walk up hit them and they take one swing and im half way across the screen? Either that or they are using cheats. Because somehow it takes me twice as much to kill somebody.
So to clarify, you both are shooting at each other, go in for a hit, and lose all the time? The winner of simultaneous malees are determined by who has more health at the time. Aim for headshots more and I bet you'll win more.

I would hope a game like that uses location-based reactions with objects.

IE: you hitting them in the chest is less effective than hitting them in the head etc.

Try making contact on more vulnerable parts of their person.
The game does for shooting, IE: sniper rounds are 2 shot kills for the body or 1 shot kill for a head shot. Also, malees are instant kills if you hit them in the back. I don't think it matters where you hit them if facing though.

·
Clever Girl
10,122 Posts
And FYI, Halo 3 has successfully been hacked. From what I've read from the community, there is only 1 person that knows how to do it (spawn extra vehicles, switch rounds for guns IE Assault rifle shoots rockets). But this person won't release how to do it until after Christmas.

As far as I know, he hasn't figured out how to do it in matchmaking, only in forge. And with Bungie having every game recorded and not having to have Microsoft ban anymore, it shouldn't become a wide spread problem like Halo 2.

·
Facilitator
391 Posts
bungie will ban his ID, bungie and WINDOWS LIVE are now cracking down....be prepared for a mass ban.

halo 3, depends on when you melee attack because I too have meleed incorrectly but in the end I'm flying back seeing my body sprawl whilst the timer counts down for a respawn....or it could be lag. Here at the shitty dorm, I'll ping 200-300 so for XBOX LIVE I'll be cutting in and out on my mic and when I mash B to melee, people have already killed me....lag sucks.

·
Registered
8,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So to clarify, you both are shooting at each other, go in for a hit, and lose all the time? The winner of simultaneous malees are determined by who has more health at the time. Aim for headshots more and I bet you'll win more.

The game does for shooting, IE: sniper rounds are 2 shot kills for the body or 1 shot kill for a head shot. Also, malees are instant kills if you hit them in the back. I don't think it matters where you hit them if facing though.
Yea basically when i run in to hit him, ill shoot him. Hit him and he's still standing, then he turns and hits me once and im dead. I cant figure out why either.

·
Boom
13,174 Posts
I know that feeling :laughing One piece of advice is to melee little bit earlier, which will make you lunge at the person. It my experience that delivered a harder blow. Always if you can, put few rounds in the guy before the melee. Try to hit him on the back, even if you're facing him.

·
Go Hawks!
3,516 Posts
bungie will ban his ID, bungie and WINDOWS LIVE are now cracking down....be prepared for a mass ban.

halo 3, depends on when you melee attack because I too have meleed incorrectly but in the end I'm flying back seeing my body sprawl whilst the timer counts down for a respawn....or it could be lag. Here at the shitty dorm, I'll ping 200-300 so for XBOX LIVE I'll be cutting in and out on my mic and when I mash B to melee, people have already killed me....lag sucks.
The fact that you can save and upload the video to Bungie of any match where somoeone is suspected of hacking or glitching should eliminate most of it.

I know a guy that was banned for 30 days for messing around in GOW. I have no problem with people doing it in custom matches, but leave it out of ranked.

On killing people, aim for the head. Time grenades to hit around your opponent with your first shot. The Battle Rifle is much better than the gun you start out with, the needler is an instant kill if you can pump 75% of it into someone. If someone has got the best of you and they are fairly close, right before you die look at the ground and throw a grenade. I dominate will kills from the grave.

·
Clever Girl
10,122 Posts
He hasn't gone online with the mods yet, so he won't be banned. From what I've read, he got his hands on a development kit and is modding using that. Personally, I think it's pretty cool. Some of the best games I played on Halo 2 were modded custom games. The race track customs were pretty damn cool. Here's a link a thread on HIH that shows him modding:

http://highimpacthalo.org/forum/showthread.php?t=36127

·
Clever Girl
10,122 Posts
Yea basically when i run in to hit him, ill shoot him. Hit him and he's still standing, then he turns and hits me once and im dead. I cant figure out why either.
Try 1000rr's approach. Whenever I see someone, I chuck a grenade at them, then run towards them firing the whole time. Aim for the head. Once you get close enough, malee him. To me, it sounds like your missing the malee, which is fairly easy to do.

·
Registered
93 Posts
and make sure your not mellein too soon, i shoot a clip then think im close enough. opps missed him and no rounds and no melee.

·
Registered
8,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
now my problem is getting ona crappy team for ranked....aggh Ill rack up a bunch of kills and these other guys sit aroundand contribute 2 kills to the team..Thanks guys lol

·
Facilitator
391 Posts
now my problem is getting ona crappy team for ranked....aggh Ill rack up a bunch of kills and these other guys sit aroundand contribute 2 kills to the team..Thanks guys lol
welcome to the world of xbox live :)

·
Moderator,
22,442 Posts
I know that feeling :laughing One piece of advice is to melee little bit earlier, which will make you lunge at the person. It my experience that delivered a harder blow. Always if you can, put few rounds in the guy before the melee. Try to hit him on the back, even if you're facing him.
+1. I was always getting hit with a melee before I thought I was close enough to hit the button, but I started meleeing farther out and I started racking up the beat down kills.

·
Boom
13,174 Posts
You can set your matchmaking settings to put you with people that are closer in skill level to you. By default it is set to quickest, which a lot of time will put you with some shitty people.

·
Moderator,
22,442 Posts
You can set your matchmaking settings to put you with people that are closer in skill level to you. By default it is set to quickest, which a lot of time will put you with some shitty people.
I didn't know that. I was wondering why I always got stuck on teams where I'm the one with the highest kills. It sucks!

I'll change the settings when I get home.

·
habitual line stepper
3,181 Posts
Well, I have to say it's tough to get up to speed and I wonder if it's experience of doing it or whether the program itself takes player experience points into affect. I know I just started playing Halo 3 last weeked and I never remember sucking so bad.

I'm not new to 1st person shooters. I probably played the first ones ever out, Wolfenstein 3d, Quakes, Unreal, 007, etc. and even Halo 2 campaign. But last week was my first on live and I'm getting owned badly.

I finished Halo3 compaign and on the later levels I started using the melee attack, which I never did before. And I am getting better. I've gone from zero kills to sometimes 6 or 7 on live, but that's still sucking...

It's tough. But I think it just takes time to learn where power ups are on the levels and what weapons work good for what ranges and types of attacks. I guess it comes down to you have to earn your bones... But I can certainly understand where you're coming from.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.