Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Midnight Rider
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any issues with the folding harbor freight trailer and a pitbull TRS? The back end is loose, so it has the ability to fold up. I'm assuming this isn't a big deal since the bike will weight it down, but I want to double check.

And yes, I can appreciate the humor of the TRS costing more than the trailer :laughing:

·
4,564 Posts
Just put bearing buddy's on the trailer and secure your belongings well. Drama had one. We'd toss two dirt bikes on it. It flexes and twists. But it never let us down.

·
Midnight Rider
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I bought the TRS :) You think I need to reinforce the floor where the TRS plate bolts down? It's just 3/4" plywood layed over the metal crossbars.

·
Registered
15,827 Posts
youll want a spreader plate backing up the mounting for the TRS, or use very large washers for the bolts on the wood.

is there any way to lock the trailer in an unfolded position?

·
Resident Slow guy
6,770 Posts
While it is probably very stable the setup in that picture just looks like the guy is going to get asspacked by his own bike with the TRS attached if he bumps into something with his car.
I think I would add an additional front chock or something.

·
Midnight Rider
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a basic chock, not one that lifts the front wheel, that I'll use to keep the bars from jerking around.

·
Registered
15,827 Posts
I plan on mounting a Pit-bull TRS in the back of a van. It's a really neat system.
first there was a trailer, then a red mini school bus, and now a van

dave will be coming to the track with the wonder hundaiy again this summer:lmao:

·
Midnight Rider
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The bike will be perfectly fine with no wheel chock. I would not even install a chock.
I have one of these laying around, and it's just 4 holes to mount it. I don't anticipate it protecting much, just something to keep the front wheel from smacking around.

·
Armed law abiding citizen
19,052 Posts
If a wheel chock was needed with the TRS, they would sell it with one. I talked to a few people that have them and the only negative thing they have to say about it is the price. They all loved the ease of use, and peace of mind knowing that when they opened the door to the trailer, they didn't worry about being greeted to a bike on it's side.

·
Registered
14,283 Posts
If a wheel chock was needed with the TRS, they would sell it with one. I talked to a few people that have them and the only negative thing they have to say about it is the price. They all loved the ease of use, and peace of mind knowing that when they opened the door to the trailer, they didn't worry about being greeted to a bike on it's side.

I have three of them Dave so I guess you can ask me. They are well worth the price. Every penny. Once you buy one you will understand.

·
Registered
15,827 Posts
regardless of how good the trs is I would still strap the bike down to the trailer, if for nothing more than simple redundancy...

think about the situation when you are loading up, youre tired hot after a day of riding
you put the trs on the bike ans rollit up and onto the retainer but forget to lock it in with the one or both of the retaining pin clips
going down the highway at 65 and you hit a bump and thats the last straw for an incompletely restrained bike and it gets free from the TRS, in an enclosed trailer, no big deal some bodywork damage maybe a lever but that it, on an open trailer youve got a bike on its own on the pavement with oncoming traffic

just my oppinion, the trs may be great but nothing it mistake proof thats where redundance saves your ass

ive dont it on my trailer and had one of the straps get loose, I use 4 so it didnt go anywhere but if i only used 2 liek ive seen people do... youre in for a bad day

oh steve, that pic only shows 2 TRS's

·
Registered
14,283 Posts
Third one was bought after the pic was taken. That pic was taken over a year ago. Like I said there is no reason to strap anything down with the pit bull restraints. Thats like putting ur kickstand down when you have ur bikes on pit bull stands. Useless. The bike doesnt move. As I will say for the SECOND time you won't know till you own one. But obviously there are people here that now more than me since I own them and they don't.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts