Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
quoted from superbikeplanet
The long-awaited Nicky Hayden movie that MTV has been working on for the last year and half will air on November 16, according to a press release from MTV.

At speeds of over 200 miles per hour, pro motorcycle racer Nicky Hayden wins his first ever MotoGP World Championship and defends his title as MTV puts viewers in the fast lane with a two hour movie special, "The Kentucky Kid," premiering on Friday, November 16 at 10pm ET/PT.
"The Kentucky Kid" chronicles the life of pro motorcycle racer Nicky Hayden starting with the final two races of the 2006 season, where he is well on his way to becoming the new MotoGP World Champion. The chance of fulfilling his life long dream seemingly slips away when Nicky is dramatically crashed out of the race by another rider. With the odds against him, and a fractured collar bone, Nicky proves that dedication and perseverance can help overcome any obstacle as he claims The MotoGP World Title in remarkable fashion. But as the new racing season starts, Nicky finds that the only thing harder than winning the Championship is defending it.

Racing since the age of 3, the series follows the 25-year old from Owensboro, Kentucky as he defends his championship on the back of a motorcycle at mind bending and heart pounding speeds, with his knee scraping the ground at every turn. Hayden's natural ability and good looks, coupled with the sports' sexy, fast paced atmosphere, has helped propel him as a sports icon, but in a league where the majority of the audience is European, the American Hayden constantly has to prove himself and his status as World Champion. Nicky's relationship with his close knit family of racers and the contrast between his rural life in Kentucky and his European cosmopolitan sport all form the backdrop to Hayden's 2007 season and his quest to win back to back World Championships.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Can't wait. Bot the fuck1ng time.
Finally something that can save you if you get caught watching MTV.:lmao:

·
Resident Slow Guy
7,386 Posts
Can't wait. Bot the fuck1ng time.
Finally something that can save you if you get caught watching MTV.:lmao:
Yeah no shit. I think I stopped watching MTV about 5 years ago. I will definitely be watching this.

·
You got the talkin' done
15,710 Posts
I thought this was supposed to be a reality show, not a movie?
He's a boring goodie-two-shoes and after eleventy hours of filming they could only find enough interesting footage to fill 2 hours.

·
Registered
802 Posts
He's a boring goodie-two-shoes and after eleventy hours of filming they could only find enough interesting footage to fill 2 hours.

Yeah shame he is a nice guy.
Nobody cares unless you make a "home" video. ( not that I'w seen any).

Honda should make him contractually obliged to bang a likes of Paris Hilton or that Kardeshian whore.
Imagine press and TV coverage that would give them. Free advertising.
Honda owns me money for this idea.:lmao:

·
The Sausage king
3,003 Posts
I set the Tivo. I watched the trailer from the link Jrock posted and that website indicates it could become a series if we let MTV know we want to see it. I just can't figure out where to send them a message on the MTV site.

·
You got the talkin' done
15,710 Posts
Hayden on TRL Live - Wed at 2:30 PM Central Time

ROAD RACING - Nicky Does MTV
By Henny Ray Abrams
Movie Star 11/12/2007

Repsol Honda’s Nicky Hayden landed at the crossroads of the world, New York’s Times Square, to promote his upcoming movie “The Kentucky Kid” on MTV’s TRL show.

The TRL episode, filmed in a studio overlooking Times Square, will air Wednesday, Nov. 14 at 3:30 p.m. EST. Hayden was joined on the show by the actress Natalie Portman and musician Soulja Boy.

The last minute appearance was scheduled so that Hayden could spread the word about “The Kentucky Kid,” the two-hour reality show that airs this coming Friday, Nov. 16, at 10:00 p.m. EST.

MTV shadowed Hayden during the latter part of his 2006 World Championship run and visited his home in Owensboro, Kentucky. Filming continued during the defense of his title.

“I put a lot of time into the movie and I wanted to promote it,” Hayden said. When he was asked to appear on the “Today” show, he admitted he didn’t watch it. TRL is different. Music is a big part of his life and he’s a longtime fan of TRL.

“The host (Damien Fahey) was cool,” Hayden said, adding that it was sometimes hard to hear the questions from the studio audience since it was so loud. “Soulja Boy and his guys were pretty cool. Actually, the vibe is pretty good around here.”

After he finished taping, he was introduced to Johnny Knoxville of “Jackass” fame.

“A lot of people are excited to see the movie,” he said, noting that a number of MTV’s international outlets had also asked to screen “The Kentucky Kid.”

The racing was presented in a way that wouldn’t confuse new fans nor alienate the die-hards, he said.

“I don’t think it was too cheesy,” he said. “They kept it simple enough that people who don’t know about racing can follow it.”

Monday night Hayden jets off to Sepang, Malaysia for the first full test of the 2008 Honda RC212V. Last week’s shakedown test following the Valencia Grand Prix didn’t go that well and Hayden was looking forward to having three full days on the new bike. Though little will have changed on the bike, Hayden said part of his motivation was to help Michelin test new front tires. The team had problems with the Michelin front on the newly resurfaced Sepang Circuit, as well as Laguna Seca’s new asphalt, and the Sachsenring.

He returns to the U.S. for the Thanksgiving weekend, when his brother Tommy is getting married in Owensboro. Then he flies straight to Jerez, Spain for the final test of 2007 before the testing moratorium kicks in.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
was just channel surfing and happened across TRL as Nicky was on. first of all I didn't realize how short Nicky is. I think the interview was good, get the sport out to the masses who otherwise wouldn't have heard of it. Now let's see what this movie is like

·
You got the talkin' done
15,710 Posts
was just channel surfing and happened across TRL as Nicky was on. first of all I didn't realize how short Nicky is. I think the interview was good, get the sport out to the masses who otherwise wouldn't have heard of it. Now let's see what this movie is like
I didn't get to watch it (hoping to find it on youtube or something soon). how long was he on? What did he say? How was he treated on the show?

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I didn't get to watch it (hoping to find it on youtube or something soon). how long was he on? What did he say? How was he treated on the show?
3-5 minutes, broken up with a commercial break. He seemed to be treated well, they talked about the different stops on the grand prix and what his least favorite food was, his family, the crash with Pedrosa and the plate on his collarbone, plugged the movie. Seemed to go over well, he's a mellow dude, very personable

Reactions: jrock

·
You got the talkin' done
15,710 Posts
That was awsome. Thanks for posting that. I liked it, but why does the footage always have to contain crashes? Why not great passes and wins?

Don't answer that ... I already know why.

·
You got the talkin' done
15,710 Posts
I thought it was pretty cool. AND Hayden didn't something Rossi couldn't. He got his bike from HRC. LOL.

Here is what Nicky said about the movie:

Q You're hitting the big time with this MTV movie.

A Well, it's all pretty much over now. They made a movie about MotoGP, and about me, my family. They started last year at Portugal, of all places. Portugal, Valencia last year was good for TV, I guess. That's where it started, and that's basically where it ended this year. It turned out okay, actually, I think. Sure, there's a few things in there that are a little bit silly, but I don't think they totally did injustice to the sport. As far as, you see Supercross, the movie, and some of that stuff that was so cheesy and so corny. There's a few things in there that was kind of made up, like me and Rog going fishing, and a few things they kind of had to do that was for reality. But actually, there was some people at MTV that really believed in the project and really worked hard to make it happen, and spent a lot of money spending the crew all over around the world. I think it turned out all right. Obviously, I guess, the people will be the judge of it, but they show enough about the sport to let people learn. It's not transmissions and split times, they don't go that deep into it, but they explain points systems, and you kind of get the hint, of course they like a lot of crashes in there. But overall, I think it turned out pretty good.

Obviously, MTV around the world is really excited about it, and want to pick it up, but even here in America it'll help the sport, help get some interest to put it out in front of a crowd of people that hasn't seen it. I was at MTV today doing the TRL and some radio stuff. I was actually surprised. They seem more excited about the movie than I thought. Johnny Knoxville was in there, and he wanted to know when the movie's coming out, and already wants a copy of it. Who knows? Some people might think it's a dud, but I think it'll be a good thing for our sport.

Q What is the premise? Did they follow you around, with a camera?

A Yeah. They had a crew. In the beginning, it was a bigger crew. They had a sound guy, camera guy, director guy. After a little bit, I - I mean, they were cool. I got to call the shots, and I had a meeting, and I was like, "Hey, let's cut it back a little bit." And then they cut it back to just three or four guys. A sound guy, camera guy, and like an extra. They kind of got to be into the sport. Kelly, a girl there who worked on it, they got to be into the sport, and was in with the mechanics. It was almost like I didn't even really know they were there. They didn't go to every race, but they pretty well knew when to get lost and when not to be in the garage. Obviously, they couldn't film things with the fairings off and things like that, but they followed me around to my press conferences after the day. A few stuff in the motor home. Sometimes they would come in there and film me getting ready. I did nothing any different.

They would film me and Eldon in the motor home talking about stuff. Some of the press conferences, and different stuff like that, and in the garage. And then they came to Kentucky some, and shot some stuff. There's a bit in the movie of me and Tommy riding flat track. Me and Roger fishing one day. We went and visited my sisters at Kingland and watched the horse races. That's in the movie. You would be surprised. They shot a lot of stuff that never got in the movie. One thing was kind of cool was they were shooting me watching Roger Lee's 600 championship race live on the Internet, which was almost like a movie with all the red flags. That didn't make it, but a few things that didn't make it, they say they might to an extra DVD later.

That's pretty much the gist of it. They have a commentator, a European commentator. They show a lot of sound bites from that side, during the races. Obviously, this year, there wasn't a lot of good points, but I guess that's life. Some of that stuff, it's got highs and lows, like the sport really has. Valencia last year, and then crashes this year, Laguna, results that sucked. So it pretty much gets a little bit of everything.

·
Wooohooo
2,207 Posts
Saw this bad boy the other night at like 2am. Was really really interesting I couldn't change the channel. They showed alot of highlights of races with crashes being alot of them. All in all a good show.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts