Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Ciao Marco
3,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I bought an hdmi cable on Monday and hook it up to the 360 and my plasma, turn it on and the game would flash for a second like every 3-4 seconds. Ok, maybe I got a bunk cable so I find one online for cheap (new) and hook it up today , same thing.:wtf: Pretty damn sure its not my tv and my 360 is only 1.5 month old. I am clueless. Anyone?

·
habitual line stepper
3,235 Posts
Did you change the settings in the console for display? I don't know that's necessary but it's worth checking. Of course if your system is blinking, don't ask me how you can do it... :)

·
Ciao Marco
3,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
what was it set to previously? what does the TV support? What is the TV's native resolution?

bwa is probably right, sounds like an HDMI HDCP handshake issue.

·
Ciao Marco
3,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what was it set to previously? what does the TV support? What is the TV's native resolution?

bwa is probably right, sounds like an HDMI HDCP handshake issue.

I believe it was at 480, I move it back and forth from my kids tv in their room. My tv supports 1080. Not positive, but I believe the native is 720.

·
Ciao Marco
3,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I tried what bwa posted and its still flashing. I have had audio the whole time but same problem. I guess I will have to call Xbox cs.:banghead:

·
The Sausage king
3,003 Posts
Do you have any other devices that have an HDMI output to rule out the input and the TV?
Is it possible the 360 is about to give you the 3 ring of death thing?

·
Ciao Marco
3,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Do you have any other devices that have an HDMI output to rule out the input and the TV?
Is it possible the 360 is about to give you the 3 ring of death thing?

No other devices with an hdmi output YET.Pretty sure its not the red ring of death seeing my 360 works fine with the hd component hook up.

I will try the xbox forum and if no luck there call MS cs. :grrrr

Im going to try and borrow a friends 360 and plug it into my tv with my hdmi cable and see if it still does it, if so, it would rule out my 360.

·
PPF Installer
1,286 Posts
What has become of this, I had the same problem and foudn out that for some reason the HDMI jack on the 360 isn't that good so I took the scotch tape roll and wedged it under the cable to hold it up tight while plugged into the 360. Have had no problems with it since.

·
Ciao Marco
3,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What has become of this, I had the same problem and foudn out that for some reason the HDMI jack on the 360 isn't that good so I took the scotch tape roll and wedged it under the cable to hold it up tight while plugged into the 360. Have had no problems with it since.

Tried a friends 360 yesterday on my same tv and hdmi cable and it did the same thing. Last night called 2 Xbox cs reps and the first girl was useless as fuck. Second guy seemed somewhat knowledgable and after putting me on hold twice, I got disconnected after 18 mins.:mad Im damn near ready to give up. I will try and call again today or tomorrow, I will post the out come.

·
Human lawn dart
5,745 Posts
That's why component is still the best. No software crap to deal with.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts