Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ZOMBIES ON FIRE!!!
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody have any good suggestions besides the stuff at places like lowes? $200 will cover an area 10ft X 2.5FT, but i need more than that. i'm trying to dodge the high prices they want. i've got about 50 sq. ft. to take care of. not to mention more $$$ for the controller and all. bleh!

suggestions? websites? hook a brotha up!

·
Armed law abiding citizen
19,052 Posts
I suggest you wear slippers. I looked into it for my basement before I tiled, but we have an area rug in there, was good enough.

·
ZOMBIES ON FIRE!!!
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
think kitchen. it's on a slab and fucking cold already. it's not even winter yet!!!

installing and all that isn't an issue. i'm just looking for a better price/idea per sq/ft than what's offered at home improvement stores. tile is a must, so ignore the rug thoughts.

·
4,564 Posts
Damn! I was going to recommend getting in touch with Costlyducati.

I'm still going to recommend him! Since I clicked on this thread and everything.

·
Slum Overlord
1,943 Posts
I put a hydronic system into my basement when we excavated the original slab. If you design it correctly, there is no need at all for any forced air. It is unbelievably effiecent (energy consumed) as well. For smaller rooms, I have been using this company's electric heating mats. ----> http://thermosoftinternational.com/index.htm

They are located in Buffalo Grove, so it's pretty much all one day shipping around the Chicagoland area. Make sure you order a mat close to the size you need. You can't just cut off any excess without impacting the resistance the heating element is designed for.

I just saw a write up of a kitchen counter (granite slab) that had a heating mat under it. These things can go pretty much anywhere if you are careful.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts