Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am posting here cause i dont want to basterdize your bicycle thread..that is 1 sweet ride dude..and fast..i road a friends of mine a while back (maybe 4 years and 30 pounds lighter):laughing

but why ya selling it?...want something new or just over with biking?

i gotta take a couple pics of my babys...(the shame is i dont ride them that often) and i like you got some pennies rolled into them.

give me a few..ill post some pics;)

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here is my first highend bike...(i like alot of MT riding)
my shwinn both bikes are full carbon fiber frame with multiple carbon goodies.
this is full xt with xtr front der, crossmax rims, xtr brakes, avid shifters and levers, rear carbon break booster, both bikes...27 speed.
and there other goodies..laying broken that my lazt ass has to send back in for replacement...ct2 carbon handles..i got 2 of them 1- 5deg and 1-3deg lifts.

plus shimanos 747 clipless peddles in a box and a ton of other goodies..i cant even remember..but since you know bike..you can reconize the goodies yourself.

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
also forgot..cause you wont see it but both bikes have TI handle bars;)
and this one has the ti bontrager gel seat, and mixed TI/alum custom seat post.

heres my hard tail..(man i get horney just looking at it.)

(so what ya think of my babys?)

·
long distance
383 Posts
Hey Oddy, I do reconize the goodies! man your gonna get me started again if I see anymore:laughing , I use to compete in triathlons , mnt bikes, and runnin a few marathons, seems like yesterday til I look down at my gut:( I've had 2 back surgeries durring that time(94-98) , I just kinda slid back into what I know best(motorcycles). No I don't ride the softride anymore and really did'nt want to sell it , but I need a new set of leathers:D . I still have two of my mnt. bikes a giant(alum. frame) and a trek 920 with street tires , I love that bike, nothin special just a good fit!, been awhile since I been on the trails, maybe we can hook up for some off road stuff (in the fall).:D

·
"PC" ,my balls
1,620 Posts
ddub said:
been awhile since I been on the trails, maybe we can hook up for some off road stuff (in the fall).:D [/B]

Let's ride. I have a 24-speed carbon fiber Trek OCLV. Used to ride a lot at the tobogan slides in Palos but I hear most of the single track has been closed off. Nothing like walking into a restaurant for lunch covered in mud and blood.:D

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hell yeah lets do some bikeing...:evil

i can still taco a rim with the best of them...(just dont want to taco the crossmax rims):evil

speedfreak969...yeah it sure is alittle costly...sucky part is when ya ride em hard and smash/break parts.

you guys dont wanna know how much i got into both these bikes...but i am sure ddub figure it out..lmao

so yeah ill start some off road bicycling rides soon.

theres a place close by called....(damm i forgot) anyway its a cool little area...alittle challenging:evil

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
I got a pair of Marin's myself. A road bike and MTB. Haven't touched the MTB in a year.... no good trails by me.

I still have all the tools to completely dismantle a bike including the headseat, fork and bottom bracket.

I think I still remember how to build wheels if anyone wants a set repaired or made.

I might be interested if anyone want to ride. Although I still need to flip my brakes. You'll probably see me then lock up the rear wheel when I try to shift.:laughing

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well get yout mtb ready cherry pie...cause we going in a couple weeks.

helmets and camel packs are suggested...also too just incase (cause its been a while) ill carry my portable heart fibbalator(sp?):laughing

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
Odysseys said:
well get yout mtb ready cherry pie...cause we going in a couple weeks.

helmets and camel packs are suggested...also too just incase (cause its been a while) ill carry my portable heart fibbalator(sp?):laughing
Don't worry my man, I'll take it easy on you. But I had been working out, so I'll give you a glimpse of what it's like to have a 600. :evil Corner speed is you're only hope.

·
Premium Member
9,252 Posts
I was waiting for someone to suggest a ride where I might be able to keep up!

Oddy (or anyone else), if you ever wanna go for a ride PM me. Since I end up leaving the city to ride anyway, I'm not too concerned about where you go. The only trails I know (and usually go to) are Kettle and Deer Grove (Palatine/Barrington). They're both fun. Some technical stuff, otherwise just trail riding.

If you really wanna break stuff though, you gotta go up to Wilmont Mt. They have a regulation BMX track up there that doesn't get any use. Starting gates, full size 8' jumps and 15' banked turns. WAY too much fun on the MT bikes. Everytime I've been up there it's wide open. Bring a laptimer and we'll see what everyone's made of. (CLSB bike races??)
:D

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
I wanna come too. I'm bringing the Pro performer.:laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
What another sad thread for me.....all this "I used to do" crap....man I need more free time :(

I used to MTB almost daily...I started back in HS when the first mountain bikes emerged. My first bike was my trusty old Trek 820....gave it to my lil bro about ten years ago. He still rides it.

I bought my GF Sugar 2 two years ago and I haven't really ridden it more than 10 times. I took it out to CO when I first bought it and loved it. Even though it's a cross-country bike and I was descending some crazy shelfs out there, it still held it own...how depressing....I need to get back into this shit.

I got DJS into it and know he can kick my ass I'm so out of it...if we ride anywhere it should be Palos...lots of fun out there. More technical than anyhting which is good because we are all out if shape Im sure....at least I am.

Here's a pic of my neglected baby....

:(

·
"PC" ,my balls
1,620 Posts
:laughing Just looked at my bike. Been hanging on the garage wall so long the tires are flat. And I'm no longer flat.:laughing :(

·
long distance
383 Posts
Looks like there is some intrest in this mnt bike thing:D , been a long while for me , kinda old and fat:laughing but I'm not SCARED:p lookin forward to some ridin, lemme know when:D theres only a few good trails around here, use to go to Mich. alot, raced with Fun Promotions . If you come back from a ride not bloody or muddy it just was'nt fun:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts