Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what ya weigh man..i am right around 225.

you wish it had something more to offer in any terms...i am going to be keeping an eye out for one and i think this is the route i should go, small enough to be agile, and some power to kick.
how much does it weigh..you know?
and what kinda hpr can they do stock and moded with bolt ons and mapping etc,. looking for some referances.

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
Mine is a 96 so its carburated. with full exhaust and jet kit i think its around 119hp???? I weigh about the same. Is there anything else I wish the bike had? Absolutley not. Really that is how much I like this bike. But remember it is far from stock, has Race Tech up front, Ohlins in the rear, 520 chain conversion. Way rear Rear sets, gp shifting, no fan,etc,etc. every thing not need for racing is gone off the bike. It is the most planted bike ive ever ridden, no matter how hard I push it stays planted never once gotten upset unless on cold tires. Also ive never rode without gp tires so keep that in mind. How much does it way? Right around 400lbs would be my guess. So take my opinion for what its worth, maybe ask omniglh what he thinks of his, I think he still has stock suspenders on one of his:helmet

·
"PC" ,my balls
1,620 Posts
Odysseys said:

how much does it weigh..

The same as a 146.0 hp GSXR 1000
:D

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
Re: Re: hey jim hows that gix750 been treating you?

bluebusa60544 said:
Odysseys said:

how much does it weigh..

The same as a 146.0 hp GSXR 1000
:D
horsepower isnt everything, i was able to pass gsxr1000,954,rc51,andr1's on the 2 long straights at road america!:twofinger

·
Wannabe racer
2,360 Posts
Jim, it doesn't run hot without the fans? I take it you are talking about the cooling fans right?

Also how good are you with carbuerators? I think I might need to clean out the float bowls and re-synch the carbs on mine, it idles a little rough, not a big deal but over the winter my goal is to get it setup perfect for next season at the track. That is if I can ever get this fiberglass patch stuff to work. :laughing

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
rad fans are extra weight at the track. you are always moving and rarely sitting long enough that the fan would even kick on.

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
Vcook said:
rad fans are extra weight at the track. you are always moving and rarely sitting long enough that the fan would even kick on.
Yeah what he said!/\ /\ :D

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
lovebothkats said:
Not even at the grid :laughing
not if you line up front and in the fast lane!!!!!!!!!!:helmet

·
Registered
916 Posts
lovebothkats said:
Not even at the grid :laughing
Oh Jims bike get really hot, but he's so ICY COOL it ain't no thang:- :twofinger

My Hawk has no fan. You still have a engine temp guage(usually) so if the bike is getting hot on the grid you just shut it off. For racers its no big deal because if you time it right you ride your bike into hotpit, do your warmup lap...then start the race. At a trackday if you get held on the grid for a while it could require shutdown though.

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
vtr996 said:

Oh Jims bike get really hot, but he's so ICY COOL it ain't no thang:- :twofinger

:rolleyes :rolleyes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts