What you got/want?

• HMO

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • PPO

Votes: 22 68.8%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Clever Girl
10,122 Posts
HMO because I'm healthy, it was cheaper and I rarely go to the doctor.

· Ridiculously Good Looking
32,521 Posts
Mateen how do you even get dressed in the morning?

If life was just one big great Garanimal you would be fine

Oh and PPO - Just wait until you get hurt out of state and have to go see a Doc

· stuck in 6th gear,
5,570 Posts
PPO at the moment. Not looking forward to the new healthcare election choices we have to make next month from what our employer is offering. It looks like monthly contributions are going to be 2-3x what they are now AND there's going to be something ridiculous like a $2500 deductible. WTF???

Welcome to the new affordable healthcare so that everyone has healthcare

· Registered
13,775 Posts
PPO at the moment. Not looking forward to the new healthcare election choices we have to make next month from what our employer is offering. It looks like monthly contributions are going to be 2-3x what they are now AND there's going to be something ridiculous like a $2500 deductible. WTF???

· ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔn&#60
11,268 Posts

· Registered
5,811 Posts

Many insurers are using the new healthcare laws as a scapegoat to push premiums up. Our rates went up about 43% a few years ago and seem to jump 10%-15%+ each year since; this was way before the healthcare laws came about. Now they just have a scapegoat. Other reasons employees are paying more is that some companies are pulling back on their contributions. Kinda shitty but unless people are willing to quit their job over it (stupid) I do not see that happening, it will probably continue until employers have to compete for talent more. Believe me, employers would love if everyone just got their own insurance or if their was some sort of single payer in which they would not have to be bothered with. The amount of time our place spends each year around renewal time is insane.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.