Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Home security camera system suggestions?

1K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  FiReBReTHa 
#1 ·
I haven't got a clue where to start looking for whats good or not and I know ppl on here have systems after seeing some videos posted. My dad would like to get a setup at his house after some car breakins on his block in the NW suburbs and general unease. I think something simple (1-2 cameras) that takes video would make him feel better.
What brands/systems are good? He can install and we can setup PC. He was thinking something that will mount in front above the driveway/garage light that is motion activated, maybe 1 in back (also lit). I figure anything recorded can be saved on a computer, preferably also motion activated to save space/time. Night vision a plus but maybe not necessary with the lights, good quality video, audio not necessary. Ive seen them for sale just about everywhere (best buy, walmart, home depot) are any of those worth it?
someone also recommended a deer camera, any pro/con opinions on that? is a video system superior for catching thieves in the act? should he just get a dummy camera and save his money?

#2 ·
Get one with a stand alone recorder. Audio would be best to include incase the crooks start calling out each others name. The walmarts up here have a couple setups like this. Biggest name they have is Samsung for Just under $400 with 4 cameras and DVR.

Does your dads area have a neighborhood watch program?

#6 ·
Dont ask that retard shit.

Everything I got was from gadspot.com with exception the the hard drive for the dvr. I got it at micro center for a lot less and more room on the drive

He is what my video looks like at night as of right now

Here is a action video

Here is a system of two cameras at business of a friend that lives down the street from me and is member on this board. I have photos from a 23 unit apartment building i did but was asked not to post them but they used the same equipment and haven't had complaints

Dont use computer pci boards for camera systems you lose frame rates big time in the video.

Get a dvr and a couple cameras on the site listed i went with the outdoor domes and havent had any issues with them. We will seem how they make it thru this winter then again they were about 50 bucks so replacing it isnt a problem if they crap out every few years.

If you have ambient light from street lights and what not these are good to go as you can see

#8 ·
:lmao: stop providing those nudes of your wife then

#14 ·
:lmao:

#18 ·
Oh shit this is like SRS/Chen and angry acres all over again on little old sold off to big conglomerate clsb.

C2M getting doxxed? Shit TCM muffaga u 3l33t3 haxor aintcha? You have to break out your Gibson to rock that shit? Well gotta run imma gonna go redbox me some free phone calls

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.