Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
are you looking for a race/track bike?
I wouldn't pay more than 3300-3400 for the SMR unless he has receipts from the "fresh rebuild" to show that everything in the top end was replaced. You'll want to verify that the stock valve guides were replaced with sintered iron valve guides. the stock brass guides wear out really fast w/ the Ti valves.

I'm suprised that XC-W hasn't sold yet for that price.....

·
Resident Slow Guy
7,320 Posts
Nice! So I guess I won't be getting the trailer back this weekend to pick up my bike! :lmao:

No worries mang. :)

HBD BTW.

·
I'm a non-achiever.
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
You wont find a better deal . Just keep in mind its not a commuter .

Edit :This is what I thought you posted

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/show...d-street-legal-clean-title-3800firm-biloxi-ms
Would this bike be good on the track? What else would need to go into it to make it raceworthy? I'm going to hit every race I can this year since it's so cheap.

are you looking for a race/track bike?
I wouldn't pay more than 3300-3400 for the SMR unless he has receipts from the "fresh rebuild" to show that everything in the top end was replaced. You'll want to verify that the stock valve guides were replaced with sintered iron valve guides. the stock brass guides wear out really fast w/ the Ti valves.

I'm suprised that XC-W hasn't sold yet for that price.....
I was going to show up with 30 hundred's and see what he said on the race bike.

I was looking for a raceonly, but if there are street legal (Race competitive) bikes I can be a fucktard on the road with, well than all the better :jester

·
PIKUACH NEFESH
6,880 Posts
It's a race bike out of the box , just happens to be plated so that you can lose your license faster.

BH would know the details better than anyone I know.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
The XC-W would make a great street hooligan bike, but it's not nearly as race ready for sumo as that SMR in NY.

For racing, you'd want to toss the stock dirt brakes and Warp9 rotor on the XC-W and get some decent SM stuff. you would probably need to at least respring the suspension, get axle and peg sliders and catch can, and I'd want to upgrade to a 5" rear wheel too. Power on the XC-W will feel a little soft compared to most 450 MX bikes - a 41mm carb and different exhaust would help. Lighter flywheel would help too.

·
I'm a non-achiever.
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The XC-W would make a great street hooligan bike, but it's not nearly as race ready for sumo as that SMR in NY.

For racing, you'd want to toss the stock dirt brakes and Warp9 rotor on the XC-W and get some decent SM stuff. you would probably need to at least respring the suspension, get axle and peg sliders and catch can, and I'd want to upgrade to a 5" rear wheel too. Power on the XC-W will feel a little soft compared to most 450 MX bikes - a 41mm carb and different exhaust would help. Lighter flywheel would help too.
So I'm not as dumb as I thought. I've never been done wrong by a properly built race bike. I'm gonna get that I think. Dad owes me, time to collect haha.

·
Ridiculously Good Looking
32,521 Posts
If all you want out of the bike is to track and race, that is what the SMR is built for - The one Stan posted is a bad ass street toy and would be fun for the track but that SMR was built for one thing , "Super Moto Race" aka SMR - Better Brakes, for one and a frame that was designed for the track, not a woods/dirt convert

Stoked to have you out with us next year - You'll love it - SOOOOOOO laid back and all about fun - Zero egos

·
I'm a non-achiever.
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm looking forward to it too. I need to step down the expenses for a year or two, plus I think this will help me a ton when I go back to RR

·
I'm a non-achiever.
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just texted dude with the smr, no sintered valve guides and no papers on the rebuild. I'm assuming he is a do it yourself'er. What is a fair price sumo dudes? 3gs? Or less?

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
locally? I don't want to miss something on the east coast when I"ll be right there in a few days.
well go take a look at the bike once you down there, but there is alot of people in MI WI OK that race supermoto and few will be off loading there bikes in the off season. i will keep my eye out for you bro.

·
I'm a non-achiever.
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well go take a look at the bike once you down there, but there is alot of people in MI WI OK that race supermoto and few will be off loading there bikes in the off season. i will keep my eye out for you bro.
Hey, it will be easier to wait anyway. My wife was going to be pissed off if I went down and got it. I did the old flowers for her on my birthday trick because I was seriously going to go buy that. I'll wait, I want something that will be competitive and a little newer, I'm not looking to race bullshit.
Another thing is I'd really like to buy something that someone locally either is selling or knows about so I have the real deal history.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
"Super Moto Race" aka SMR - Better Brakes, for one and a frame that was designed for the track, not a woods/dirt convert
well, the suspension, brakes, wheels/tires were designed for the SM track.

the frame, subframe, swingarm, and triples are all the same as the SX motocross model. In 07 they added some bracing between the frame downtubes, but all the geometry was still the same. they did also go to lower offset triples in 07. Not sure about the 08/09 frame, but the '12 shares a frame with the SX-F as well. It's always really just been a MX bike with SM brakes/susp/wheels.

·
Ridiculously Good Looking
32,521 Posts

·
I'm a non-achiever.
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 206 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.