Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
12,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like Ryan, Jack, Rob and I are heading down there. This place is located about 15 miles east of Kankakee off Route 17. It's free to ride and there is a huge area of sand dunes along with alot of single track and some OK woods trails. Some is dirt, but most is hard packed sand. It's even better rite after a soaking rain because the sand packs down even better. These are EASY trails and an EASY place to ride and you CAN NOT get lost. It's nothing compared to Buffalo and is very nice place to ride. Anyone interested post up. It;s free to ride and I/we know a the guy who owns part of the land down there, but I've never had a problem with riding anywhere at the area.

If anyone else is interested in going we can make a meet spot. I'm thinking the Manteno exit off of I-57, there's a Shell Station there on the east side of 57. We can meet there at 10:30 AM if anyone is interested.

·
4,985 Posts
:laughing: Nick, switch your calendar off of October. I'll talk to you in the morning to see if I'll make the meet spot or just meet you out there. We're parking where we parked before right, by the dune area? So the natives don't rob us.

·
Failed rehab
14,908 Posts
Definite maybe.....

Jason, I don't have an extra, but you can ride mine while I'm wheezing to catch my breath and/or nursing my busted collarbone :laughing

·
Grid Marshall. ,
29,341 Posts
Definite maybe.....

Jason, I don't have an extra, but you can ride mine while I'm wheezing to catch my breath and/or nursing my busted collarbone :laughing
Baby...:jester

Y'alls a bunch of bastids:flip

·
Registered
14,283 Posts
What happen last time. I have been there a couple of times with you guys with no problems and no they are stealing stuff???

·
Failed rehab
14,908 Posts
What happen last time. I have been there a couple of times with you guys with no problems and no they are stealing stuff???
+1

Do I need to bring the Glock? :2guns

·
Nick was approached by a couple locals while down there once, and Ryan was chased out of one area by a local. Nothing to worry about, but we're parking a little closer to where we're riding just to be safe.

·
Failed rehab
14,908 Posts
allrighty then

I can't get the GDed YZ to start.

Just changed the oil and installed a bigger main for the cooler weather. The bike has been sitting for about 4 months now.

I've tried choke on/off, throttle open/closed, cycling w/ de-comp then attempt to start and every conceivable combo of the above. Yes, the petcock is open, and yes there is gas in it, albeit old stuff.

Suggestions?

·
How fun. Did you try changing back to whatever main you had in it before? Maybe messing with the air screw instaed of the main jet? I'm still learning the four stroke shit, so I'm not gonna be much help here.

I'm sure we'll get it started down there if you can't get it.

·
Failed rehab
14,908 Posts
How fun. Did you try changing back to whatever main you had in it before? Maybe messing with the air screw instaed of the main jet? I'm still learning the four stroke shit, so I'm not gonna be much help here.

I'm sure we'll get it started down there if you can't get it.
Can't say I did. I'll give that a shot.

·
Registered
12,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That main jet you have is mine. Bring it tomorrow, thats the main I use when it's 10 degrees outside when we are ice riding. It's not cold enough or even cold at all for you to be rejetting rite now. Unless you changed jets again since I changed that jet at Hopkins earlier this year on your bike

·
Failed rehab
14,908 Posts
That main jet you have is mine. Bring it tomorrow, thats the main I use when it's 10 degrees outside when we are ice riding. It's not cold enough or even cold at all for you to be rejetting rite now. Unless you changed jets again since I changed that jet at Hopkins earlier this year on your bike
Will do.

The jet that was in there was a 162, and it was spot on at 80-85. It wasn't quite perfect last time at Momence, and since it'll be 30 degrees cooler, I figured it would need a size or 2 fatter jet. No luck starting with a 165 or 168. The filter was nasty, so I cleaned it. Still nothing. Only thing left is the plug. Could sitting for so long have fouled it?

·
Registered
12,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Will do.

The jet that was in there was a 162, and it was spot on at 80-85. It wasn't quite perfect last time at Momence, and since it'll be 30 degrees cooler, I figured it would need a size or 2 fatter jet. No luck starting with a 165 or 168. The filter was nasty, so I cleaned it. Still nothing. Only thing left is the plug. Could sitting for so long have fouled it?
Check all the obvious

-pull the plug out put the spark plug cap back on, kick it to make sure you have spark

-is there fuel in the carb? Check to make sure.

-Do you smell fuel?

-Have you taken anything apart or changed anything since the last time you rode it?

-Are you sure there is enough gas in the bike? :laughing:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts