Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 255 Posts

· Banned
8,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1500 hstess employees went on strike like typical democrats. The company is deciding to liquidate the company and go out of business, if the employees continue to strike.

RIP Twinkie
2012 ?

· Banned
8,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you saying she has vaginal dryness?

thats a normal biological problem that women get when they go through changes in their life. And they do sell products that are waterbased to help with such issues. She may also need to do vaginal exercises to strengthen her vaginal wall. This is seriouz business, iz know this cuz i play doctor on the internet.

· Clever Girl
10,122 Posts
I will kill someone if I can't get Hostess cupcakes any more. :grrrr

· Banned
8,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
found out this is a "UNION" strike, shouldn't have been surprised.

The CEO said, get back to work, if you don't like the paycut, then find another job and quit. Instead of bankrupting the company.

I know hostess has been struggling for a few years. I think are getting killed either by their UNION overhead BS, or cost of making the food. Twinkies have been the same price pretty much for a few years

· Registered
5,811 Posts
No shit, twinkes have been the same price for years but the cost has to be going through the roof to make them.
Anyhow.....over the last few years I think they have has lots of turnover at the Schiller Park location, seems like every time I look at CareerBuilder they have had openings for the same positions on and off.
Fyi, commodity food items are super low margin. Got to think that there is not much gravy to go around.

· Registered
2,071 Posts
found out this is a "UNION" strike, shouldn't have been surprised.

The CEO said, get back to work, if you don't like the paycut, then find another job and quit. Instead of bankrupting the company.

I know hostess has been struggling for a few years. I think are getting killed either by their UNION overhead BS, or cost of making the food. Twinkies have been the same price pretty much for a few years
they were already in bankruptcy, the baker's union just put the final nail in the coffin. 18,500 people now out of work.

Who is John Galt?

· Moderator,
22,442 Posts
There were 2 unions involved in this, the Baker's union and the Teamsters. Amazingly enough the Teamsters voted to approve the paycut and now is really pissed at the smaller Baker's union for pulling this stunt and causing the company to go out of business.

· Moderator,
22,442 Posts
Chances are some other company will buy the top products (Twinkies, Ho-Ho's etc) and continue making them.

In the mean time, all those people are out of work.

I'm surprised nobody's blamed Obama already.
Yep, we'll still see these tasty treats on the shelves, but they will be made in Mexico or somewhere that has cheaper labor.

1 - 20 of 255 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.