Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished wiring up my hot tub and am filling it as I type this. Any tips to get the water right.

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
from my experience I'd say a couple spilled beers and misc. body fluids seem to be par for the course.

·
NAEMT- Paramedic, RN
501 Posts
just make sure you get a good quality water testing kit. Dont be cheap on that. Test your water twice a week atleast. And use good quality additives and chemicals. Take care of your hot tub and it will take care of you lol.

·
Irony helps us play!
29,500 Posts
Are you going bromide or chlorine or some magic earth rocks in the filter?

Define what you mean by 'right'? 'Right' to some may include globules of used condoms and a passed out hooker asleep over the edge with the residue of an 8 ball sitting on the side-table.

·
Banned
17,542 Posts
Hot tubs are sweet. We broke the one at the lodge in Ferrelville, WI, the first night.:laughing: BTW, Crystale is what the bawlers pour in there.

·
Irony helps us play!
29,500 Posts
just make sure you get a good quality water testing kit. Dont be cheap on that. Test your water twice a week atleast. And use good quality additives and chemicals. Take care of your hot tub and it will take care of you lol.
I would say do this at least every other day, and every day is even more preferred. Look up Hot Tub Folliculitis if you want to know why :)

Here's some decent tips...

http://www.spadepot.com/spacyclopedia/microbio.htm

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you going bromide or chlorine or some magic earth rocks in the filter?
I do have the metal conditioner that great escape said to add which I just put in, I also have ph up and down.

I picked up a bottle of Spa shock as well.

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok just went and checked the box again, theres also a bottle of "sani-clor" in there and a bottle of "Spa perfect"

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Sarcasm in every post.
4,536 Posts
No sex in the tub. Your female companion will thenk me later.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts