Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
CLSB RESIDENT *******!!!!
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This being the end of my first year riding I am curious at how you all you guys, and of coarse the lovely ladies of CLSB too, get over the winter blues of not being able to ride:( . I know alot of you, who are hard core riders, will ride as long as the roads are clean but I am not one of you. So how do you do it? It's only the beginning of the winter season and I'm already depressed about it. I gues what I am looking for are ways that everyone either gets their minds off of it, or deals with it ( this is of coarse besides buying a snowmobile )? Thanks for the info guys and gals I really appriciate it:thumbsup

Mark:p

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
2 WORDS: drink beer!!!!:cheers

·
Registered
669 Posts
Better yet, drink beer with your new found clsb buds and bench race.

Also spend a good amount of time chasing tail, find someone to keep you warm over the winter, but if she doesn't ride cut her loose for spring!

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
That's easy. I put on my long johns and ride:D :cheers :cheers

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
I ride bitch on crazy's bike. he blocks the wind well and says he feels sexy when we ride 2 up. :D

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Vcook said:
I ride bitch on crazy's bike. he blocks the wind well and says he feels sexy when we ride 2 up. :D
I feel even sexier when you lick the bugs out of my teeth baby:D :laughing :laughing

·
Registered
899 Posts
F4iDog said:
This being the end of my first year riding I am curious at how you all you guys, and of coarse the lovely ladies of CLSB too, get over the winter blues of not being able to ride:( . I know alot of you, who are hard core riders, will ride as long as the roads are clean but I am not one of you. So how do you do it? It's only the beginning of the winter season and I'm already depressed about it. I gues what I am looking for are ways that everyone either gets their minds off of it, or deals with it ( this is of coarse besides buying a snowmobile )? Thanks for the info guys and gals I really appriciate it:thumbsup

To quote Belushi... my advice is to start drinking heavily. I'm attempting to hibernate until March.

Actually as long as there isn't any salt/ice on the roads I'll be out there.

(dumb question) what is bench racing?

·
Grammaton Cleric
1,842 Posts
F4iDog said:

You don't :(

·
Registered
19,186 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,252 Posts
When is the first official meeting of CLSSC?

(Chicagoland Snowboard & Ski Club)

I was up in Madison this past weekend and they already have the snowmachines goin. Opening weekend should be before Thanksgiving this year.

To answer the original question:

Backcountry big mountain Snowboarding can damn near make you forget about your bike. It's the next best thing you can do with your clothes on. (it's too cold to do with em off...don't ask me how I know)

I'll even offer lessons to anyone that wants to learn this season for a CLSB discounted rate.:twofinger

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
Underdog said:

I was up in Madison this past weekend and they already have the snowmachines goin. Opening weekend should be before Thanksgiving this year.

Backcountry big mountain Snowboarding can damn near make you forget about your bike. It's the next best thing you can do with your clothes on. (it's too cold to do with em off...don't ask me how I know)

I'll even offer lessons to anyone that wants to learn this season for a CLSB discounted rate.:twofinger
I've been meaning to check out snowboarding, but I don't have the greatest balance. You think I'm slow on the track! Hell, I've never even skiied before, and I grew up out west by Mount Hood and all the associated ski areas. Weather report during winter months would have the local ski conditions..it took a couple minutes to go through them all.

Chris

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
try like hell to get done all the Honey do stuff I put off all summer. :D

·
Human lawn dart
5,745 Posts
Underdog said:

Nice an early snowboard season.:)
I'm preping my snowboard sunday and going to the ski and snowboard show this staturday.

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
well this helps me and maybe others, when its truly time to put the bike away (not ride it anymore).

i strip mine down to nothing, clean the heck out of it, polish what needs and tune it up. maybe look for new mods to do on it or add custom stuff. then by the time you are done, its almost time to ride again:D

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
Odysseys said:
well this helps me and maybe others, when its truly time to put the bike away (not ride it anymore).

i strip mine down to nothing, clean the heck out of it, polish what needs and tune it up. maybe look for new mods to do on it or add custom stuff. then by the time you are done, its almost time to ride again:D
hell yeah baby, mods!! you know I got a project for us, ken!

·
Registered
899 Posts
Odysseys said:

That sounds like a lot of fun. Unfortunately I am lacking any mechanical knowledge and a garage. Didn't you have space in your garage for sale this winter ken? I'd be willing to throw in a reasonable 'consulting fee' if you would be willing to show me how to strip my bike down too (payable in liquor, cash, co-eds from univ. of kentucky, etc.):laughing

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
ive never worked on a duck, but its all the same stuff you would have to do too, find the holding bolts for anything in order to strip it.

changing out exhaust of mufflers isnt no big thing, let alone adding carbon parts.

it all depends on how long we are talking all winter?
etc, i might even have another guys bike in there some time,

the rules will be simple in my garage, all the tools go back in the drawers CLEAN and your mess cleaned up before you leave.

dont need the wife killing me, but let me know, ill just park the van out side over the winter,

and if that is the case?

if i do that, i can probably fit , maybe 20 bikes in there with my wifes car with enough room to work around them easy.
for small fee's

·
CLSB RESIDENT *******!!!!
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Odysseys said:

Excellent ( tapping fingers together in my best Mr. Burns voice):jester

1 - 20 of 33 Posts