Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

How Long Till He Wads It?

1K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  Bug 
#1 ·
I never wish anyone ill but this is not going to have a good ending.

Hopped on the forum a couple weeks back but I have yet to introduce myself. Name's Carlton, bred and raised in Chicago, currently reside in Maywood and now an owner of a New '07 1000RR (yes I did say 'new').

Its my first bike, and I am aware that the rules and statistics say it shouldn't be...but its too late for that now. There are exceptions to all rules and I'm hoping my humility and respect for this beast will allow me to be one. I've taken the BRC MSF course, do have an M on my license, and plan on taking the intermediate one as soon as they quit bs'in and put this years schedule up. Aside from that I've already picked out the parking lot that will be my best friend, as I regain what I may have lost, and develop what I don't yet have.

I'll put pictures up when I get the bike from storage, and then again after I put on the Fender Eliminator, Integrated Tail Light, and Proton Turn Signals I've already bought for it .

I appreciate any and all advice and look forward to seeing you all when the cold breaks!

http://www.chicagolandsportbikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100143

#5 ·
hahahahahahah!!!! and why would you say that? :lmao:

#4 ·
I think he's going about it the right way. Should he have started with a smaller, more forgiving bike???? ABSOLUTELY!!! :) But he seems to know he has a monster on his hands and is going to take the necessary baby steps to stay safe.:2cents: I had a student last summer graduate from my class and went straight out and bought a CBR1000........he approached the situation the same way as Carlton and took baby-steps.....He is doing just fine....I made sure he keeps me posted on his progress....

#15 ·
This topic always gets my goat...I learned on a Ducati 996 SPS that had extensive motor work completed by Fast by Ferracci. My next bike was a R1, then I got a 1000 GSXR.
I've been riding for nearly 7 years now. I think it all depends on your ability to respect the power you have between your legs....learn how to control the bike in all situations...and take advantage of all the learning possibilities that come your way.

I don't care what size bike you have....accidents can and will happen.

#19 ·
..I learned on a Ducati 996 SPS that had extensive motor work completed by Fast by Ferracci. .
Aside from the FBF, that is one HELLUVAH bike to learn on - Zero comfort and all performance and built to race

Loved that bike but I think the SPS model died with the 916, no? The 996 was the birth of the S and R models I believe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.