Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Cruising through life
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I have my Bose 321 turned on to listen to either my TV (Samsung 50" Plasma) or play a DVD I get a humming noise coming from the speakers. I still get sound but the humming is always in the background. Is there anything I can do to get rid of this? I tried moving the subwoofer further away from the TV thinking it was interfering or something and that didn't do anything.

I have also been getting the horizontal lines that scroll from the bottom to the top of my TV. I am going to swap out my old Comcast HD/DVR for an updated one to see if that gets rid of it. Any other suggestions?

·
PPF Installer
1,286 Posts
this is what I was thinking, could be your power source causing the interferance

·
The Halo hides my Horns
12,685 Posts
Sounds like 60 cycle hum, or other power interference on your cable.

A "line conditioner" might help.

What you need to do is find out which device or cable is causing the issue. Start with your cable line itself. Have all your gear powered up, then unplug the cable from the cable box and see if it goes away.

If it does, then you need to get the cable company to work on it, as there is noise or voltage being injected into the signal.

If it's a specific device, then you need to try plugging in this device into a different outlet, a line conditioner, ground lift, or some other device to keep it from injecting the 60 cycle hum into your systems.

·
Registered
12,489 Posts
Wires are ran too close to a light balast?

More than likely you are hearing a 60hz hum from somewhere.

·
Bring it on!!!!
1,672 Posts
I had this same issue with my new Plasma. I had to buy a Monster Cable surge protector from Best Buy with an input and output for COAX that cost me $85. I wanted a cheaper one but the dude said this is the one I wanted because its the only one that worked. And it did.

I have also been getting the horizontal lines that scroll from the bottom to the top of my TV. I am going to swap out my old Comcast HD/DVR for an updated one to see if that gets rid of it. Any other suggestions?
Had this too. Gone it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts