Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Fear is the mind killer
8,770 Posts
Wrong decision, there can be only one, Xbox 360 :)

·
Banned
6,882 Posts
Street Fighter is cool, but I don't think it's exclusive to PS3 is it? I thought it was hitting both consoles? Either way, Tekken would do it for me any day. VF5 is heading to be the new hot fighting game, but I haven't played any of the others so can't talk much. GT5 is good too, but same thing as Forza 2.

·
Fear is the mind killer
8,770 Posts
Gran Turismo does look bad ass. For street fighter, they show no in game footage, so that trailer doesn't mean much. For me, I won't buy a PS3 until it is dirt cheap and they make a Dragon Ball Z game for it :laughing.

·
Banned
6,882 Posts
Gran Turismo does look bad ass. For street fighter, they show no in game footage, so that trailer doesn't mean much. For me, I won't buy a PS3 until it is dirt cheap and they make a Dragon Ball Z game for it :laughing.
They have no exclusives anymore. And the ones that they have aren't selling well. Heavenly Sword was expected to kick ass but it ain't selling. Developers simply started making games for the 360 first and then porting them over to PS3 which is what made me leave the PS family. Why pay (now) $400 for a Ps4 when a 360 can be had with the identical games?

·
See ya Illinois
678 Posts
I still have the first x-box. I'm not that big of a gamer, can't see paying that much money for a game system.

·
Mr.President-FTMFW!!!
1,482 Posts
What if Blu-Ray becomes Beta... Then what? All of you PS3 owners. What are you going to do then?

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Price of PS3 is going to drop $100 next month. I'm considering picking one up but I will probably wait till it drops to $300.

·
Look into Pastulio's Eyes
914 Posts
Sponge wait! It'll sit around collecting a bit of dust, I have both actually (not a hardcore gamer either). 360 is were its at right now, but my HUGE problem with it is that it's NOT reliable hardware. My 360 just took a huge shit and sent it back for repairs. Even if Blu Ray becomes the next Beta, current generation games need all the available space for games development, DVD ala 360 is not going to cut it anymore in the next year.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Is GT5 going to have adaptable damage? So if you hit a wall, the car will not handle as well for the remainder of a race? Will it show this damage visually? Or flat spot the tires and it will not brake as well? Do any of the latest racing games incorporate those features?

I thought in the past they specifically did not include those features as it made the car companies mad. The car companies felt that "car damage" in the game might be associated in some way to the real thing, and it would hurt their car sales.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Is GT5 going to have adaptable damage? So if you hit a wall, the car will not handle as well for the remainder of a race? Will it show this damage visually? Or flat spot the tires and it will not brake as well? Do any of the latest racing games incorporate those features?

I thought in the past they specifically did not include those features as it made the car companies mad. The car companies felt that "car damage" in the game might be associated in some way to the real thing, and it would hurt their car sales.
I know that the game World Rally Championship does this sort of thing. If you hit something it tells you "You have damaged the gearbox", "You have damaged the suspension", etc. The car does not drive the same. Also, after the race you have to fix the problems but you only have a limited amount of time to fix the problems. If you have like 10 problems, you may be able to only fix 5. There are also a different degree of problem, like minor or serious and the time it takes to fix it changes accordingly.

·
Fornello Del Testicolo
410 Posts

Dirt definitely does that. When I played it and my car got cracked-up it drastically effected the car.

·
Banned
6,882 Posts
Price of PS3 is going to drop $100 next month. I'm considering picking one up but I will probably wait till it drops to $300.
No it just had the price drop of $100 down to $400 and that's the holiday price. For $400 you get the stripped down PS3 with no card slots, no wireless, and it will not play or be backwards compatible to play PS2 games. The $500 version will have all of those I believe.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts