Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ridiculously Good Looking
32,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....Fuel Injected Suicide Machine - Step right up kid and watch me lay down the rubber road to freedom !!!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
geesh its been a wile since i have seen that movie and i dont remember that part

·
The Halo hides my Horns
12,685 Posts
A little bit of history and psychology for you, and reasoning as to why the Knight Rider broke down in tears.

I’m not sure if this was intended, but it’s something to think about.

The two cars passing (playing chicken), reminds me of two samurai doing a “samurai pass”. You know, where they poise for an attack, then suddenly burst forward and attempt to strike their opponent in one swift, crushing blow.

It’s said, that the battle is often won before the swords are even drawn. That the superior samurai projecting his presence, his fierceness, and his ability forward defeats his enemy…that the outcome is already known before a move is made. Samurai of equal skill would often hold their position for hours waiting for his opponent to mentally break form.

In the story of Mushashi, the greatest Samurai ever and the one that all imagery of samurai that you and I recognize is based on…he knew he defeated his foe, the greatest swordsman in all of Japan because of one simple action. The final battle was staged on an island, and as the two swordsmen approached each other for the greatest battle ever, Mushashi’s foe drew his sword and threw the scabbard into the water. Mentally, he had already lost at that moment.

Similarly when Max and the Knight Rider passed in that samurai like crossing, the Knight Rider was the first to flinch and swerve away. He was defeated, even before the sword was drawn, and he knew it.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!
And yes, this kind of stuff rattles around in my head all the time.

·
Bop your way home...
5,621 Posts
I think he cried because he sharted his pants a little, but your explainin' sounds good too.

·
You got the talkin' done
15,710 Posts
Some trivia about that scene from www.madmaxmovies.com

When Max is stopped waiting for the Night Rider to approach, there is a view of the radio, then Max's sunglasses, and then Max putting on his gloves. If you look at the reflection in the sunglasses, Max is back on the dirt road! Looks like they re-used one of the shots from earlier.

In the Night Rider/Max chicken scene, Nigh Rider yanks the wheel at the last second to avoid hitting Max. Yet the yellow Interceptor swerves much more than the black one in the exterior shot.

In Mad Max when the Nightrider is just about to get blown up in the car, he turns the steering wheel right but he seems to turn left instead.

There is a plume of fire from the Night Rider's pursuit special just prior to his crash which doesn't belong there - this is the solid fuel rocket being used to propel the car! If you look close there are no people in the car at this point.
Look closely with the Nightriders eyes pop out of his head, this is actually the shot of Toecutter from later in the film.

·
The Halo hides my Horns
12,685 Posts
I think he cried because he sharted his pants a little, but your explainin' sounds good too.
That was my second guess. :twofinger

Some trivia about that scene from www.madmaxmovies.com
The DVD for Mad Max has a "Pop Up Trivia" that tells about a lot of (mostly funny) stuff.

For example; the part where Max is leaving for work and his wife is like "Oy!" then she says I love you in sign language. The Pop up says "Oy is Aussy for HEY!"

·
You got the talkin' done
15,710 Posts
I have the Aussie release with the origonal voice track. Its the duck's guts.

You don't even get Mel Gibson's real voice in the US release.

"Don't count out the Goose until you see the box go into the hole." - Jim Goose

:lmao:

Check out this combo! Mad Max scenes and Motorhead's Ace of Spades. You know I'm born to lose/and gambling's for fools/but that's the way I like it baby/I don't want to live forever!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts