Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( i am sitting here feeling a cool breeze across my face (no i didnt fart:laughing ) and i am thinking..man almost a full year has blown by just like that.
good thing for us we love to ride..and we arn't gonna stop unless theres ice or snow on the ground;) or maybe untill its 28 degress :cheers

·
CLSB SuperHero
1,808 Posts
28 degrees doesnt bother me, as long as the roads are dry.:D

·
Lovin this Twin
1,980 Posts
Im not dissapointed.................. I had a great season { cept for the PO_PO run ins} Ive learned alot this year, made alot of new friends, and now its time to spend more time at home and actually try to get something done around the house.
Yea Ill be out till the snow flies too, but Im sure the every night rides has come to an end.

Thanks CLSB, it would of been an ordinary year for me if I hadnt found this sight

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
I'm just not feeling very hardcore this year. I'll probably drop my bike off with Drucker in Nov or something, let him take his time and pick it up in Feb.

Besides I read a few more crusier reviews. That Kawi Mean Streak doesn't look too bad. Has great brakes and supposed to handle pretty good for a cruiser. Awwww hell who knows what will happen. I probably stick with this ride for another season after this.

·
Work In Progress...
2,003 Posts
This year ....
I sold a bike, I bought a bike, wife learned to ride, met alot of cool people , lost a friend in death. Yea it was an interesting year... look forward to next.

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
I'm with Anna... there's still plenty of riding season left.

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
lots of time and at least one more track day hopefully two

·
CLSB RESIDENT *******!!!!
1,331 Posts
Well as my first year has almost come to an end I have to honestly say I probably would have sold my bike, especially after totalling my '99 F4 and running my F4i off the road, if it wasn't for CLSB. All you guys/gals have given me the help and support to keep pushing myself within my limits, to learn to lean, and to ride more safely,and mostly how to trust my bike. I'll ride until December when my insurance goes dormant until March, but thanks to all of you I can't wait until next riding season!

Thanks
Mark:p

·
Registered
264 Posts
yeah its been a great season meeting everyone, I learned alot
from all of you, i hope the weather stays warm.

can't figure out how you people can ride when its in the 40's
maybe i need to purchase some better gear huh.:-
cause i freeze my nutz off when it drops below 50
last yr i put my bike away during thnks givn
hopefully i can do the same this yr.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Rode my KLR to work yesterday, 24 degree's, I'm glad it wasn't any farther. Will ride right up to when the snow stays on the ground. Then it's on with the mod's. Keep the passion alive. :cheers

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
I'll play hardcore a bit but I think for the most part in the next month or so I got to hang it up. I've been neglecting too much around the house and I want to get some of my new(now 1year old) home painted inside. I also have to install a water softner. Run some outlets to the garage, put in a laundry tube, Insulate and drywall the garage. That's all besides my whole honeydo list.:rolleyes

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
same deal as Crazy here. Too much on the wife's list and other projects I have been puttin off. Hey Lupi get ready your gona be busy this winter.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
yeah, last season i rode well into november. then rode again in January. we'll see how it goes this year. I think i want to come up with some sort of money making scheme this winter. maybe then i can buy a house.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
GautamCity said:
yeah, last season i rode well into november. then rode again in January. we'll see how it goes this year. I think i want to come up with some sort of money making scheme this winter. maybe then i can buy a house.

Jump in and buy that house. I was just thinking about when we bought ours last year and if we had waited and saved more money. We wouldn't have been able to do it cause prices have gone up so much. Glad we jumped in and got our feet wet. Even if this year has been a bit of a struggle;)

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Yeah, the first couple of years after your first house are a hassle, but in the long run you save money, UNLESS you over buy. When you rent you are basically building equity for someone else.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
BusaDave said:
Yeah, the first couple of years after your first house are a hassle, but in the long run you save money, UNLESS you over buy. When you rent you are basically building equity for someone else.
Yep,

I agree but I got one thing wrong. I bought new construction thinking I won't have to deal with someone elses old problems. Well you don't have to deal with new roofing, HVAC, or broken stuff, but you do have to paint and landscape and all the other things to give it character. It's still alot of work;)

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
well the job thing is not a problem. i have a job...i have a good job. the thing is that i don't feel as if i have enough saved up for a decent sized down payment. alot of these new construction neighborhoods going up are even offering only 3% down, but then you gotta deal with crap like pmi. i'd really rather put down 15 to 20%. this way my mortgage payments would be lower too. i guess we'll just have to see. there is alot of new construction coming up in oswego, aurora, and plainfield. i actually really like one in the aurora/oswego area. i really haven't done enough research yet. i want to know what kind of heating/water/electric bills other homes in the area pay. i wanna know more about the taxes and if there are referrendums in process to increase them. the list goes on.......

but, wasn't this thread about the riding season?:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts