Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
habitual line stepper
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess Kim has rubbed off on me. I just sniped a guy on e-bay for a bling-bling set of Akrapovics for the RC.

Man, that's a lot of money for a couple of perty look'n pipes.

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
are you saying you won the bid? good for you! I did the same thing last week on a full akro system for my gixxer. :D

·
habitual line stepper
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vcook said:
are you saying you won the bid? good for you! I did the same thing last week on a full akro system for my gixxer. :D
Yeah, I won it. I bid in the last minute of the auction. The poor sucker has got to be pissed right now. I know I would be. :(

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
HEY THATS A PICTURE OF MY EXHAUST, HOW'D YOU GET THAT?????

:twofinger

·
habitual line stepper
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JimGoFast said:
HEY THATS A PICTURE OF MY EXHAUST, HOW'D YOU GET THAT?????
:twofinger
Not unless you buy my bike so I can buy Captian America! :) :twofinger
The price just went up 1K :)

·
Registered
669 Posts
:eek:t But what the hell. On the Akra stuff, are those real bages pop rivited on, or are they decals.

I'm asking cause I just got my Remus Carbon Fiber Can, and was disapointed to find that there is no badge on it, just a meesly sticker, WTF, other then that, I love the thing.

Anyway, if the Akra's have a sticker, then I'm set, a sticker is just a sign of the manufacturer put there money in the pipe not some stupid badge, at least thats the story I'm hoping to use.

Nick

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
The akro label is just a sticker. The build quality is awesome, i cant wait to install mine.

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
:evil :evil :evil :evil
Welcome to the Dark Side... and CONGRATULATIONS on your purchase!:helmet

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
Personally I dont understand the logic behind sniping. Unless its the rush to try to screw a guy :D No guarantee that the bid you do at that point will get it anyway. I bid the max amount I feel is worth it and if I win so be it. If I get outbid then its more than I was willing to pay anyway. But then again I'm just cheap anyway. :D

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
Jack is that the set you showed me?

If you don't like them....I might take them off your hands.....

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Pete, it's not about "screwing the other guy", just timing and smart bidding. You're guaranteed to never spend more than you feel the item is worth (hence entering your "maximum bid" once)... it's just a matter of when you place your bid. Most times it works, sometimes it doesn't.

·
habitual line stepper
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kruz said:
Jack is that the set you showed me?

If you don't like them....I might take them off your hands.....
No, and they wont fit your bike for some reason. Different mounting points I guess. They fit 00-01 as far as I know, even though the guy advertised them as 00-02.

Pete, sniping sucks! I usually do the same, I bid what I want and forget it and hope I win. And I get pissed when someone outbids me. I won the auction by a measly $25. I bet the guy would have bid more if he had the chance, but he didn't. I waited until there was one minute to go and put it in. You're right, if he would have been smart and bid more he still would have got it and I would have been fine with that.

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
Kim and Jack
I understand what you are saying and you are basically saying the same thing as me. Bid your highest and hope you get it. But why watch and wait till last minute to do so thats all I am saying.

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
Ninja Nick :laughing .....that name just cracks me up

The Leo Vince (another highend euro system) offers the option of either a sticker or badge. If you go badge you need to drill a hole in the exhaust. Does drilling a hole make it better or worse...I would say worse. Use that story. I chose to leave my sticker/badgeless. It looks so much cleaner.

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
Champ91 said:
Kim and Jack
I understand what you are saying and you are basically saying the same thing as me. Bid your highest and hope you get it. But why watch and wait till last minute to do so thats all I am saying.
you wait till the last minute and you have a better chance of getting it cheap. why bid the product way up if there are 6 days left? this gives every tom, dick, and harry tons of time to outbid you. I snipe, and I'm not ashamed of it. So do most of the people that use ebay.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I am honestly so jealous that you guys can find all these parts on ebay. Try finding ANYTHING for a 99-03 supersport and you'll be sorely disappointed. I think I saw a stock set of gizmawhats on there the other day for the 750SS :::wahhhh::: :(

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
Stydie said:
I am honestly so jealous that you guys can find all these parts on ebay. Try finding ANYTHING for a 99-03 supersport and you'll be sorely disappointed. I think I saw a stock set of gizmawhats on there the other day for the 750SS :::wahhhh::: :(
thats what happens when you choice to purchase a low volume bike. sorry.

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
Vcook said:

you wait till the last minute and you have a better chance of getting it cheap. why bid the product way up if there are 6 days left? this gives every tom, dick, and harry tons of time to outbid you. I snipe, and I'm not ashamed of it. So do most of the people that use ebay.
Yeah but what I am saying is if I set a limit of say $100. If I bid early or snipe I would bid the $100. If I am higher than the highest bid then I stand a chance to get it. If I am lower than the highest bid all I did was jack the price up for the other guy and I still dont get it. Unless I now change my high limit. So I really dont see an advantage to sniping really. Yeah I have done it and do not think anyhting bad ethically with it. Its just why bother. Bid and forget. I get it good if not ok another will pop up fast enough on Ebay.

Now the concept of getting it cheaper. I just dont buy that. First you'd have to outbid the original bid. Unless you already bid high just to find out what the highest bid is and retract your bid, you dont know how high the original bid is. Not that I have ever done that b4:evil then you have to hope someone else isn't doing the same thing. In any case, if you snipe, you have 1 shot to get it. No changing your mind to increase your bid as time will have run out. That means you set a max limit and you bid. No differrent if you bid early with your max and wait it out. Hell if someone out bids you early or snipes, its more than you were willing to spend in the first place. So no difference IMO.

·
Registered
669 Posts
John,

What's so funny about NijaNick, HiiiiiYa! I say it before I get on the bike, it helps.

I was thinking about yanking the sticker off, it does have the little remus wolf stamped into the end cap.

Nick

1 - 20 of 26 Posts