Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i rear ended this fucken dumb ass bitch phyco driver.

we took off from a light, the taps the breaks and then hits the gas then SLAMMMMMMMS the breaks!!!!

i didnt have enough room to stop and rear ended her, everyone is fine.
me i am pissed!
the speed was maybe 25-30mpr, and from her slamming her mini van and me slamming the kia, my bumper went under hers and shaved everything above back, had to get it towed to a place i know (2 blocks away) 125.00 bucks:rolleyes

anyway, the cop gave a standard ticket when you rear end someone, failure to reduce speed.

the accident i dont care about, thats what i got insurance for, the car maybe being a total or not?
i dont care

the ticket in which i dont have to go to court foror can go if i want to say not guilty, and they will send me supervision, BUT i am already on that ticket supervision till 12/21/02

so now i have to get my lawyer into this and see what this means? how does it work?
will i get fucked on my last ticket?
etc,

i think i am ready for a volvo at this point.

i feel like shit:(

and i wasnt even in a rush or nothing just driving easy, even the women said she doesnt get out much and she slammed on the breaks when she saw it was backed up. well guess what cause of her stupidity i get this.

even though i rear ended its my fault no matter which way you look at it:mad i think?

·
3,613 Posts
Dude Ken, that sucks. I rearended someone once 'cause the made a left onto the road I was on RIGHT in front of me and I just couldn't stop in time. Some people suck ass at driving.. seriously.

I think if you can hold off on going to court on this ticket until you're off supervision for the last one, you should be fine. If I'm right, you have to be found guilty of another ticket within the supervision period, so if your supervision ends before you even go to court, you're good. Try and just delay it a little bit, which shouldn't be hard 'cause it's only a month, right?

Time for the new Explorer or whatever you were looking at, eh? :)

·
Man with Big Hose
1,432 Posts
ooppps:(

Go to court and hope she doesn't show up...if she doesn't show...it's an automatic dismissal!!!!

·
Man with Big Hose
1,432 Posts
p.s. call her and tell her you'll just plead guilty by mail...but really show up in court...that'll gurantee that she won't be there!!!!!:D :D

·
Cuddlie as a koala
7,520 Posts
Well get ready for the fun. Did you mention to the cop that she hit the gas and slammed the brakes for no reason? ONly way to get out of this is to prove she did it on purpose to get you to hit her. I tapped, repeat TAPPED a chevette with my sonoma at 3 MPH. SLight dent but the bitch needed an ambulance. No ticketts were issued sicne she stopped in half way into the road from the offramp. But she still got $9K from my insurance agent. Well ice thing in WI once you claim whiplash, you can never claim it again.:D:D

·
long distance
383 Posts
Seems like once the weather changes (alot) people are drivin around with there head so far up there ASS they can't see, feel like bitch slappin :mad , around here it's legal to carry so ya gotta watch your step :( . Sorry to hear of your mishap, hope everything works out for ya ;)

·
Mista Gimmie
15 Posts
Bummer Ken, I'm glad no one was injured.

As far as worrying about the "good behavior you are supposed to be on", maks is correct. As long as you are not conviced of the citation within the specified time frame then you are clear. Remember innocent until proven guilty, it doesn't normaly seem like it but when it comes to the letter of the law a guy is protected. You can plead not guilty and once your suspension is over you could enter a plea of guilty, if that is the course you decide to take. Good luck and watch out for those assclown drivers.

Aaron

·
stuck in 6th gear,
7,631 Posts
aw that'll buff right out! :rofl

sorry Ody, I just thought that the season was pretty much over and we wouldn't get to use that line anymore this year :jester

did you hand her a business card and say you'll fix that right up for her?

too bad. did this happen early in the morning when there was still snow/ice on the road?

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Dude, sorry to hear about the accident. The drivers are getting worse lately. Stretch out this and you should be ok. Let's just hope she doesn't get any ideas about extra money from anyone!

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
ouch. sorry to hear ODY.

·
Work In Progress...
2,003 Posts
Ack!...Ken that blos....... well look at the bright side, it was the KIA ?

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
shes fine and she even told the cop too, so shes fucked as far as sueing me for injurys.

on another note this ticket is just a normal moving violation thats issued with rear end cases, there is no court session for both partys to claim or deny fault, so it isnt a point if she comes or not.

this ticket is 75 bucks, and is just the way it goes, since i rear ened a car over here, failure to reduce speed. (accident ticket)
ill call my lawyers tomorrow to see whats the word to deal with this.

i always hated that fucken car

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Man, that sucks. But don't believe she's feeling fine until she signs on the line. Ain't over until the insurance co. gets her sig.

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
That's sucks Ken. Well, now you can get that Blazer for your wife.

I hate over-cautious drivers. They are unpredictable and scary. They are usually going slow not because it safer or they choose too, it's mainly because they are afraid to go any faster or have insufficient skills.

·
Please attend carefully..
2,625 Posts
Glad to hear you weren't hurt.

·
Your friendly Crazy Canuk
12,731 Posts
Crashing sucks:mad Period:mad Crashing when some moron can't drive really sucks:mad :mad :mad :mad Was she braking for a halluciation?

Rick

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
glad you are ok. You sounded a bit flustered when I called. So how did that little KIA hold up?????????????

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
Those little cars are designed to collapse in accident. They don't fair well even in a low speed accident... but the driver usually does. If it only needs a bumper, hood, radiator assembly and front qquarters... it will probably be repairable. If it tweaked the frame (very likely) or did suspension damage.... the thing is totaled.

·
Man with Big Hose
1,432 Posts
Odysseys said:
shes fine and she even told the cop too, so shes fucked as far as sueing me for injurys.

on another note this ticket is just a normal moving violation thats issued with rear end cases, there is no court session for both partys to claim or deny fault, so it isnt a point if she comes or not.

I was rear ended last year and the guy got the same ticket as you "failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident"

It DOES matter if she shows up or not. The judge will ask "is there anyone here in the courtroom that was involved in an accident with Mr. Odessy's? " If she doesn't come forward the judge 99.9% of the time will dismiss it on the spot. Why? because in order to be found guilty you need both sides of the story (defendent ((you)) and prosecution ((her)). if she doesn't show up. you give your side (unless you admit fault). but she's not there to give hers. the officer can't give her side for her because he wasn't there!!!!!! She HAS to be there for you to be found guilty!!!!!!!!!

It's differant from a speeding ticket where the cop has to be there. cause on a speeding ticket the cop witness someone speeding. whereas on yours it's our word against hers.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts