Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back last night from Sturgis ralley. I drove my 2k1 busa from Chi-town to Sturgis and back. I had a blast . My harley buddies all trailered there bikes. I had a fun time in the twisties and the staight aways. I also got pulled over for doing 160 mph in South Dakota. The trooper was shocked. He said he's never seen anybody going that fast in the 18 years he's been patroling.I tried being slick and exiting the express way but the road was only 50 yards of asphalt then it turned to gravel. I was screwed. He gave me a brake for being honest and polite. 100mph in a 75 ticket. I did have a radar a v1 with a screamer but I didn't hear it. I had ear plugs and helmet on also alot off wind noise at that speed. The ticket only cost me 111.00 bucks. I'm glad it wasn't chicago or wisconsin. Busas rule:helmet

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
So did you nicely explain how 160 was just taking it easy and that you had another 40mph to play with.

He should be happy you stopped at all or even saw him:D

·
Premium Member
45,955 Posts
So how was the busa doing that many miles? Did it feel Cramped up or uncomfortable?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I told him that i was going faster than 160 and was slowing down because my radar detector started beeping. The busa was comfortable thanks to my heli bars,3/4 inch bar spacers, zero gravity sport touring windsreen, diffrent foot pegs and throttlemeiser cruise control. My but started to hurt a little on the way back when i was in the madison area. i was stuck in traffic for about an hour due to construction.:helmet

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just got back from Sturgis myself, I rode my R1 out and back, no trailer for me. I rode home all in one day. Had to stop for gas every 80 miles when I was at 100 or above, made for a long trip home. I saw about 5 sportbikes total when I was out there, maybe I saw you, I was on a red 02 R1. I stayed in Piedmont, where did you stay? Did you make it to Glencoe for the nightly show. What a fun place, we should organize a trip on the board next year.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I drove my busa also and made it there in about 13 hours. I stayed in spearfish and one night in cody wyoming. I met my harley buddies out there. I didnt go to glencoe but i heard its a wild time. I go to the b and b in spearfish . they have a nice show at midnight every day. Huelett is also wild on wednesdays. I had a blast on the busa. last year i took the bagger.I also saw only about 10 sportbikes the whole week.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the same problem hearing the "screamer" as I also wear plugs, but when in a tuck I am staring right at the V 1; and as I see the warning light, it doesn't matter if I hear the screamer (at least so far).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts