Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need tires,

So far the best prices I've found was Discountmotorcycletires.com. Anybody else have a place with good prices to order the M1's or the BT010's. I still need to decide which one I go with.

Another question: How much more tread life will I get out of the BT01's, if any, over the M1's so I can decide what tire is going to be more worth it for me?

·
Old Squid on a Blade
9,388 Posts
:twofinger Oh, that kind of rubber. I was going to send you by Walgreens. Or maybe Ken's. :rolleyes

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blade Runner said:
:twofinger Oh, that kind of rubber. I was going to send you by Walgreens. Or maybe Ken's. :rolleyes
:laughing :laughing Hahahahah. Got that covered thanks:D ;) :laughing

Michael Thanks with shipping thats probably about what I'll pay anyway.

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
brian...ive been using that motorcycle discount place too for a WHILE those guys are cheap! and there shipping is FAST (they threw DSL as normal shipping from them) i usually get my stuff like 3-4 days after i call em.

you will get alot longer life out of the bto10's and they are a SWEET tire over the crap you got on now..the m1 are kick ass in my book even on the track days..but they wont last to long...maybe 2-4000 if you wear them out all the times edge to edge.

so if i was you go with the bto10's

i can get the rubber swapped for you from rim to rim..for like 50-55 bucks...we just got to take the rims off.

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
The best $$ I found when I bought my M1's was at Kneedraggers

And Mikey is right, take the tires off and get them into Dano $23 or so each to mount up.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Odysseys said:
brian...ive been using that motorcycle discount place too for a WHILE those guys are cheap! and there shipping is FAST (they threw DSL as normal shipping from them) i usually get my stuff like 3-4 days after i call em.

you will get alot longer life out of the bto10's and they are a SWEET tire over the crap you got on now..the m1 are kick ass in my book even on the track days..but they wont last to long...maybe 2-4000 if you wear them out all the times edge to edge.

so if i was you go with the bto10's

i can get the rubber swapped for you from rim to rim..for like 50-55 bucks...we just got to take the rims off.
Thanks Ken,

I'll ask Dano what he can do on the BT010's then and see if it's worth taking the rims to him. I've got a feeling I'll be calling you though to get 'em swapped.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Not to basterdize your thread, but i figured we should keep the tire talk in one thread. I'm looking for a new rear tire too, but i'm looking for one that is more sport touring. The tire i have on the rear right now is my original Dunlop 204 that came with the bike. I have 10K miles on it and I actually don't need a new tire yet, I just figure I might as well start shopping around for it now, so if i find a good deal, i can pick it up. On my VFR, i had bought a Dunlop 207. It seemed to handle well with that tire on. Basically what I'm looking for is a tire that I will get a long tread life out of and is good for handling for a conservative/moderate rider.

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
GautamCity said:
Not to basterdize your thread, but i figured we should keep the tire talk in one thread. I'm looking for a new rear tire too, but i'm looking for one that is more sport touring. The tire i have on the rear right now is my original Dunlop 204 that came with the bike. I have 10K miles on it and I actually don't need a new tire yet, I just figure I might as well start shopping around for it now, so if i find a good deal, i can pick it up. On my VFR, i had bought a Dunlop 207. It seemed to handle well with that tire on. Basically what I'm looking for is a tire that I will get a long tread life out of and is good for handling for a conservative/moderate rider.
My 9R came with 204's and when it came time to change I went to 207's I thought they were a good tire esp for the street with some track. Now I am doing more track so I went to te M1's

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
GautamCity said:
I'm going with the bt010's for tread life reasons but I like to get a little agressive now and then and I want to make sure my tires can handle it. You may want to look at the Metzeler Rensport or the bt020's if you want a little more tread life. I've been riding on the old BT56's and they really need some heat into them to make em stick but they last a long time. I'm just getting way too many kick outs when I go out there. Especially early in the rides or those first couple of turns. On yesterdays ride, I'm not sure if any of you noticed, but the first turn we took my rear end kicked out and I was barely leaned over. We really weren't going that fast. It has on the other hand taught me to stay on the gas and ride them out.

·
Everybody to the Limit
469 Posts
Uh, I wouldn't go with the Rennsports. Way too soft. I love them on the track but on the street I got less than 700 miles out of the rear. Granted, that's with >180 rwhp but I don't know anyone that got mileage out of them. You sound like a BT020 or Dunlop 207 guy to me.

·
(no comment)
353 Posts
The 010s are a sweet tire.
I've heard a lot of good things concering customer service as well as prices from http://www.swmototires.com

Free shipping with the purchase of two or more tires.

Bridgestone BT-010 120/70ZR-17 G Front
Code: BAX-1005
Price: $88.95

Bridgestone BT-010 180/55ZR-17 Rear
Code: BAX-1053
Price: $112.95

I suggest the 180 for much better turn in over a 190 series rear.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ricerocket said:

I suggest the 180 for much better turn in over a 190 series rear.
Thanks for the link they have great prices.

Has anyone else heard this about going with the 180. In my drag racing days we would go a size smaller like that for a bigger footprint on the road cuz it stretches cross the rim and flatens the center of the contour more. I always thought that when you had a wider tire it would contour more and therefore give you better turn in and a bigger footprint on the sides when turning

help now I'm confused:confused :confused :confused

·
(no comment)
353 Posts
I've been running the 180s for the last few tears as have many of the guys over at the yzf board. It makes a big difference. Most tires seem to be better for the R1 in a 180 with the exception of the Michelin Pilots with seem to be better as a 190.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
2weelpilot said:
When I was looking I found them the cheapest at www.chaparralmotorsports.com . make sure you get them when theyre on sale. which is about 50 weeks a year
Thanks Mike I'll check that out but Ricer gave me a site with great prices and free shipping.:D

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just ordered the tires. Thanks to Ricerocket they were $199.90 for the set shipped to my door.:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts