Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This just popped in my head.

Next year I plan to do some track rental days,
possible Gratten a few times (for more experience riders, this will be limited to people I let in by experience, the track will KILL you if you don't have some balls and experience with track riding) black hawks, open to just about anyone (well maybe just anyone).

these events will be like i did this year, ORGANIZED, SAFETY MEASURES IN PLACE, AND FAIR FUN FOR ALL.
(and hopefully a little wheelie fun for those that can do it, when and IF we can)

AND ALSO some drag stip days

NOW MY IDEA FOR A MONEY SPONSOR
ill talk to my guys and OR i will just pay this out of pocket.

THIS IS MY IDEA,

I KNOW not many of us can around here, but that's why its not money for free.
i am thinking of giving away $300.00 to the winner to whom ever can pass the 1/4 mile in the fastest TIME doing a wheelie

here are the rules:
FROM the 60ft marker you must be on the back wheel ALREADY, from there PASS the 1/4 mile marker to get timed All THIS TIME FROM THE 60FT MARKER, YOU MUST HOLD THE WHEELIE ALLLLLL THAT WAY THREW THE 1/4 trap. NO WHEELIE BARS!!! AND NOTHING AD NORMAL DONE TO A STOCK BIKE AS FAR AS ADD ONES. (engine mods is OK, no wheelie bars or any other apparatus to assist in holding a wheelie

again, once you hit the 60ft marker you must be doing a wheelie already and hold it all the way THREW the trap to get timed to see who did it the fastest!

who ever did the fastest timed wheelie all the way down the track will win $300.00

Also there will be an entry fee.
And the minimum # of participants & intry fee wont be known till I get the prices from the drag, I am gonna see if I can rt66 to rent us. And with medical personal there as well, of course, I want it to be as safe as possible, there might even be a small fee for spectators.

again this all depends on IF i can get a drag strip to rent me under these terms, also who knows maybe the prize money could get to $500.00

also might do money events for track days aswell.

again this all depends of the place rentals, i have enough people to cover the cost, i will give the winning money out of my pocket!
also i might open this to stunt guys, so even if we dont have enough of guys from CLSB, ill probably open this to stunt life (maybe) and you know then its gonna be a HELL OF A SHOW!!!!!
then at that point there will be a small viewer fee.

ill see what i can do

;)

·
long distance
383 Posts
Just to add to your places you might want to do this , just south of me there is a dragstrip US 41, it's not a huge place like Rte. 66. They do rent the track though, durring the summer there was a monthly event called The Fast & Furious, cost was 25.00 to run what ever you wanted, and get a time slip every pass , and race who ever you wanted to, spectators cost was 10.00 , bring your own beer (no bottles). Sounds crazy but it was a great time! I started drag racing there and got hooked, may be alittle far for northern people , might be something to check into. A local guy from here was the one who rented.

·
IDK WTF TO PUT HERE NOW!
2,765 Posts
I want $300 for who can hold the longest stoppie and do it the slowest over 1/4 mile. NOW there's the talent! :D

More track days like last year would be cool, but I'll sit and watch the extra curricural(sp) activities!

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
more track days would be kool

Prob wouldn't participate in the stunting things, but would like to spectate.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Re: i THINK if i can i will sponsor a MONEY winner event next year (stunts an track days)

Odysseys said:
This just popped in my head.

THIS IS MY IDEA,

I KNOW not many of us can around here, but that's why its not money for free.
i am thinking of giving away $300.00 to the winner to whom ever can pass the 1/4 mile in the fastest TIME doing a wheelie

here are the rules:
FROM the 60ft marker you must be on the back wheel ALREADY, from there PASS the 1/4 mile marker to get timed All THIS TIME FROM THE 60FT MARKER, YOU MUST HOLD THE WHEELIE ALLLLLL THAT WAY THREW THE 1/4 trap. NO WHEELIE BARS!!! AND NOTHING AD NORMAL DONE TO A STOCK BIKE AS FAR AS ADD ONES. (engine mods is OK, no wheelie bars or any other apparatus to assist in holding a wheelie

again, once you hit the 60ft marker you must be doing a wheelie already and hold it all the way THREW the trap to get timed to see who did it the fastest!

who ever did the fastest timed wheelie all the way down the track will win $300.00

Also there will be an entry fee.
And the minimum # of participants & intry fee wont be known till I get the prices from the drag, I am gonna see if I can rt66 to rent us. And with medical personal there as well, of course, I want it to be as safe as possible, there might even be a small fee for spectators.

again this all depends on IF i can get a drag strip to rent me under these terms, also who knows maybe the prize money could get to $500.00

also might do money events for track days aswell.

again this all depends of the place rentals, i have enough people to cover the cost, i will give the winning money out of my pocket!
also i might open this to stunt guys, so even if we dont have enough of guys from CLSB, ill probably open this to stunt life (maybe) and you know then its gonna be a HELL OF A SHOW!!!!!
then at that point there will be a small viewer fee.

ill see what i can do

;)
Why don't you do the SLOWEST wheelie??
Longest ET and the slowest mph??
:twofinger :- :twofinger

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BECAUSE....speed wheelies are kick ass on a drag stips.

plus its a good challange, not only that, its fun to see anyone that can sit a wheelie down around 135mpr:laughing

and thats my challenge to give away money, my buck my idea, come win it:twofinger

·
Registered
899 Posts
Originally posted by Odysseys plus its a good challange, not only that, its fun to see anyone that can sit a wheelie down around 135mpr:laughing [/B]
That sounds really dangerous :)... hope y'all have steering dampers heh...

·
Cuddlie as a koala
7,520 Posts
plus its a good challange, not only that, its fun to see anyone that can sit a wheelie down around 135mpr

One of the locals did that a few times at Great LAkes. His last run ended up sliding down the track after he landed it. GOt right up and the bike surprizingly wasnt damaged much.:D

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yep i see carnage:evil

<~~~i will also be signing up for it, i have a good chance at competing in this

·
Grand Master Crash
1,079 Posts
All this coming from a guy who called DanO a squid for doing a wheelie :rolleyes

And FYI - I'm with DanO... it takes more skill and talent to do a SLOW wheelie, than a fast one. 140mph wheelies are super easy.. just ask DanO, I do them all the time ;) You don't have to balance it... just let the motor keep it up. Ride a Gix1000 or a new R1, you don't even have to TRY to do a wheelie, just hold it WOT and it will float the front tire for damn near the whole 1/4...

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All this coming from a guy who called DanO a squid for doing a wheelie

uh for 1 i dealt with dano on this and he knows where i was coming from, and i DONT care to discuss it with you.
the past is the past with me, but if you care to bring it back up, use the private messages

2nd, well i guess if its that easy youll win it, and yes it does take more talent to do a slow 1/4 wheelie thats for sure, but i figure this will be easyier for most.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I've got a cold 6pack of Old Style for ANYONE who can do a 1/4mi wheelie on my DT50:rofl :rofl :rofl

·
Cuddlie as a koala
7,520 Posts
vtr996 said:
I've got a cold 6pack of Old Style for ANYONE who can do a 1/4mi wheelie on my DT50:rofl :rofl :rofl

I know a guy who could. HE rode a XR50 the whole paddock at road america from teh hill by trun 1 to the y at the turn 13 area.:D

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, after some consideration, I am canceling the idea (which just was an idea) of the wheelie contest. Its dangerous enough doing them for fun let alone doing them in competition to out do someone else, which might be REALLY dangerous.

so its canceled.

now back to your regularly schedule program:laughing

·
"PC" ,my balls
1,620 Posts
I imagine it would be really expensive to rent a dragstrip for that purpose any way. Stunters would be doing it to sell tickets if it was reasonable

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
bluebusa60544 said:
I imagine it would be really expensive to rent a dragstrip for that purpose any way. Stunters would be doing it to sell tickets if it was reasonable
actually the Valpoboyz do it once or twice a year and raise alot of $$$ charging people $10 to watch $20 to enter.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I bet people would pay $10 to see me fly off my bike and break something :laughing

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
Stydie750SS said:
I bet people would pay $10 to see me fly off my bike and break something :laughing
Lots of people paid $12 to watch me do it :laughing

Chris

1 - 20 of 26 Posts