Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
sv corners faster than r6
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No ice in my neck of the woods - far north chicagoland however I've heard that Silver Lake nr Elkorn, Wi may be ready. The Central Wisc. Ice Racing Assoc. has a first race @ Fremont Jan. 5-6th I believe.

Please post up if you have any more info. Until then, I may shoot up to Racine indoor mx or simply run around my place on enduro tires...

Stephen

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
I spoke with Tim at Wild Fire HD briefly yesterday (he's very active in the Cedar Lake Indiana club) and he tells me that Cedar Lake has about 2 inches and they're hoping that if gets just a little colder they can run a week or two late. He also told me that Lake Koshkinong in Wisconsin is ready. I also know that Fox lake (Wis.) is ready and that unless the weather changes drastically the Steel Shoe Fund 3 hour race is a go.
Tim & I came to the conclusion that if you're in Chicagoland and want to ride or race on the ice you're going to HAVE to travel...just like last year.
Do you believe that for the greater Chicago area that this December has been warmer on average than last?
Hang in there...All the snow cover around us and the possibility of a cold snap moving down from Canada could have us riding on the Lincoln Park or Humboldt Park lagoons! (that'd be the day!)...Like they say...Don't like the weather in Chicago?...Stick around...it will change...sometimes we get all 4 seasons in one day!

·
sv corners faster than r6
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Just finished putting on ice rims and guards, blanking off one of the Honda radiators. Probably headed up to Silver Lake then the bar & grill @ Fort Atkinson. Can't freaking wait!! Need to remember that starter fluid. The crf can be an absolute bitch to start on the ice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.