Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides the V-Rod here are a couple of pics I found of Harley's I would love to own.:D

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anotha:D

·
Registered
18,079 Posts
Did anyone else watch Bike Weekend on the Discovery Channel last weekend ? They had some radical bikes on there. They way they build those bikes out of steel tubes and sheet metal is amazing.

I did find it humorous that on every trip that I saw going to a rally somewhere..... at least one of the bikes broke down :thumbsup

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
LOL yeah those are nice but thier not even harleys they are full on customs. :D :D

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GsxrTony said:
LOL yeah those are nice but thier not even harleys they are full on customs. :D :D
go ahead and get all technical on me.:D :laughing

Sorry Tony that's what I like.:thumbsup

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Happy:rolleyes :rolleyes :D :D :laughing

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
I'll take a Bourget in blue please...

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2weelpilot said:
Did anyone else watch Bike Weekend on the Discovery Channel last weekend ? They had some radical bikes on there. They way they build those bikes out of steel tubes and sheet metal is amazing.

I did find it humorous that on every trip that I saw going to a rally somewhere..... at least one of the bikes broke down :thumbsup
No but I did see Jesse James turn a '96 Impala SS into a Zamboni on "Monster Garage".

I love that show:D :D

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
W E S T C O A S T C H O P P E R S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:twofinger

speaking of blue bourgets, i had a friend who had one. some of you may know him as Ducati Joe from hanging out in Naperville.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I got this from the new stuntlife message board......

Retiree buys, crashes Harley motorcycle
By Associated Press, 10/01/02

SAGINAW, Mich. — Baby boomer Jim Zimmerman's brief fling as a tough biker ended in pain very quickly.

The retiree's misadventure began when, facing 60, he gave into a youthful yen and got a local dealership to deliver a brand-new Harley-Davidson to his door.

"It was a mid-age crisis thing," Zimmerman admitted last week. "I'd see these dudes with women and thought a motorcycle would put me in like Flynn.

"I didn't look at the obvious, that I hadn't been on a bike in 30 years and probably didn't remember much about it."

Ten seconds after he climbed aboard for the first time, he struck a neighbor's utility trailer at 40 mph and broke several ribs. The odometer logged a tenth of a mile.

"It was so fast, and I didn't think fast enough," he said. "I probably panicked and throttled the gas in a death grip.

"Oh my god, I hurt in places I didn't know could hurt. The cops said it's a miracle I'm alive."

After $2,000 in insured repairs on the bike -- and more on the neighbor's trailer -- Zimmerman sold his Harley for an $800 loss. But the experience isn't quite over. Until his complimentary membership in the Harley Owners Group runs out, "I get a mailing every two to three weeks, reminding me of how stupid I was," he said.

:twofinger

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hawkeye said:
Where did you see these tricked out choppers?
I'm sorry dude I can't find the link back. I just did a search.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
No prob, I was wondering if you actually took those pics at a bike show somewhere.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hawkeye said:
No prob, I was wondering if you actually took those pics at a bike show somewhere.
No it came off a site. I just can't find it a again:mad

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Crazy, if you really want and if I can figure out how to get it off a cd, I have a bunch of cool pics from my trip to Sturgis this year. If you want to see some really customed stuff let me know.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hawkeye said:
Crazy, if you really want and if I can figure out how to get it off a cd, I have a bunch of cool pics from my trip to Sturgis this year. If you want to see some really customed stuff let me know.
That's ok dude. I'm not too upset about it. If you want to post them though put it up in the PHoto Gallery. I'm sure some of the people here would like to see.;)

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Or, head down towards DB Harley during BiketoberFest... the 6-block stretch is all rented out to the custom shops.

·
Grammaton Cleric
1,842 Posts
Well, as we all know the V-Rod is not a real Harley, so I'd go with an undressed Softail Fat Boy.

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Softail.... eeek!

The 'Rod may be more of a Porsche than a Harley, but at least it has a midrange, half a suspension, and can get out of it's own way!:evil

1 - 20 of 30 Posts