Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
11,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thoughts?

Cut Taxes for Taxpayers. End Waste, Fraud and Abuse in Government Spending.

“With a Republican House Majority- we will pass legislation:
1. Freeze Property Taxes for three years;
2. Adversarial Audit all state and local spending;
3. Repeal the 67% income tax hike.” House Republican Leader Tom Cross

Republican Leadership: “Save Illinois Taxpayers” Pledge
Watch WGEM- NBC (Quincy) broadcast & Quincy Journal press conference video

Click here for our press release: “Freeze, Audit & Repeal” Agenda.

Yesterday, House Republican Leader Tom Cross and I kicked off our statewide “Save Illinois Taxpayers” Tour. Together, with Republican candidates for the legislature, we will put an end to the taxpayer abuse that plagues both state and local government.

Illinois is bleeding to death. Electing a Republican state legislature stops the bleeding.

From the Metro East (St. Louis) to the northern suburbs, our tour received great press: Belleville News Democrat; Quincy Journal; WGEM- NBC (Quincy); Quincy Herald Whig; Quad Cities Dispatch; Illinois Review; Illinois Radio Network (IRN); and national radio coverage.

Across Illinois, Republicans pledge to:

1. Freeze property taxes for three years followed by inflation plus population growth hard caps.
2. Enact “Adversarial Audits” to hunt down and stop wasteful spending, end corrupt practices and eliminate mismanagement of taxpayer dollars.
3. Repeal the 67% state income tax increase passed last year.

Read the “Save Illinois Taxpayers” Pledge.

Sign our "Freeze, Audit & Repeal" Petition.

Republicans have the proven plan! We are demonstrating the courage to ”Save Illinois Taxpayers”. Our candidates deserve your help and financial support.

Help us elect a new legislative Republican majority. Please use a credit card for a secure online investment today.

We need your help. Together, we’ll Save Illinois.

Adam Andrzejewski
For The Good of Ilinois PAC | Chairman

·
Registered
13,306 Posts
Does someone have the search skills to find out how much our state debt has been reduced as a result of the 2% state income tax increase about 18 months ago?

OR was it just money from IL residents pockets that hasnt helped one bit?

(too lazy to start another thread) regards,

·
Your Cigar Aficionado
7,065 Posts
That'd be nice, but IL's budget is already in the red. What do they intend to prune out of the budget first? And let's not forget the Pension Funding clusterfuck that they keep punting on.

Regarding of whether you agree with the pension system or not, remember that previous lawmakers helped to fuck us today by illegally borrowing against the funding that should have gone to keep that system afloat. And either way, it needs to be funded...

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Yep, this sounds like the same line we are getting from Mitt at the national level.

Save all the things we like getting from government, cut taxes, and pay nothing additional.

I don't buy it.

·
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
11,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, this sounds like the same line we are getting from Mitt at the national level.

Save all the things we like getting from government, cut taxes, and pay nothing additional.

I don't buy it.
well of course not, you are only hearing what you want and ignoring some!

2. Enact “Adversarial Audits” to hunt down and stop wasteful spending, end corrupt practices and eliminate mismanagement of taxpayer dollars.
It surely wasnt the dems in IL that pushed to have the books opened a couple years back.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
well of course not, you are only hearing what you want and ignoring some!

It surely wasnt the dems in IL that pushed to have the books opened a couple years back.
Like those Audits will turn up and additional $25 Billion to pay our bills! [Sarcasm]Sure, I'll agree to that[/sarcasm]

And I think it was Gov Walker (D) who did the state's first go at a comprehensive audit.

·
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
11,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Like those Audits will turn up and additional $25 Billion to pay our bills! [Sarcasm]Sure, I'll agree to that[/sarcasm]
Not if the dems continue their pay to play policies :lmao:
The point is the ELIMINATE the bills and wasteful spending.

I love how the first thing you went to is, "How can we CONTINUE to pay"

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I'm democratic leaning and I still don't see how having Madigan or Cullerton in office for a lifetime is beneficial to us.

I'd sure like my pension when I retire too. I can live without some things but to make it a witch hunt is really not fair (not that anyone here is on that beat).

The current pension system sucks. I pay in 9.5% of my salary and the state is supposed to put in 7%. But they don't.

I'd be willing to drop the pension in favor of paying into Social Security like everyone else but the state won't go for that. The pension fund is too much of a piggy bank for them. How else are we to think Soldier Field ($700+ million) and Millennium Park ($700+ million) were built.

It's a complete racket and I don't want the government's hands anywhere near my retirement. When I shifted over to the state I opted for the Self Managed pension option. The money is in my own name and the dirty rats will have a harder time getting it from me.

·
Banned
8,661 Posts
Not if the dems continue their pay to play policies :lmao:
The point is the ELIMINATE the bills and wasteful spending.

I love how the first thing you went to is, "How can we CONTINUE to pay"

I blame george bush cuz all the corrupt democrats had nothing to do with Illinois being bankrupt

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
My question is... is it:

ELL-inois or

ILL-inois

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.