Chicagoland Sportbikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was off line for the past week and half because I was laid off from work and I finally got internet at home. I'm just glad it's summer and I can enjoy my time off, although if anyone has any leads on a job for me, please let me know.

designer - MAC/PC for:

Internet
Product design
Desk top publication/Print
Graphics
Marketing/Advertising/Promotions

Thanks,
Anna

·
3,613 Posts
Uh oh. I guess your bad feeling was right on target :(, but, on the bright side, now you have internet at home, woohoO!OO!Oo!! Welcome back though. :D

·
IDK WTF TO PUT HERE NOW!
2,765 Posts
I'm glad yoyuu were able to get your connection to the net sorted today! Any more horror stories?

Hmm...as far as leads? I can paste a slew of web links tonight when I get home if you are interested in them. A lot are for freelance/contractor positions.

Only things I can think of off hand are the local paper web links.

www.chicagotribune.com
www.dailyherald.com
www.sun-times.com
www.careerbuilder.com
www.hotjobs.com

each will let you do searches.

Let me know if you want me to post the rest of the links for agiencies.
Ciao,
Lupi

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Welcome back and good luck finding a job.

·
Premium Member
45,955 Posts
I was wondering where you had been hiding. good to see ya back. I'll keep my eyes open for a job for ya. Good luck on hunting.

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
Anna, that sucks! :mad

A friend of mine in Colorado got laid off doing your type of work. That stuff is usually the first to go off the budget. :(
Hopefully you won't have to resort to working retail like she did.
:bs

If you find some bitchin' job doing that stuff out here lemme know. I'm trying to get her back out here.

Is your trip out west cancelled? I suppose it SHOULD be, but you're an addict just like the rest of us :twofinger

Chris

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
I was wondering what happened to you! Glad you're back on-line... I'll let you know if I hear of anything jobs-wise.

I saw the pics from Sunday - looked like you all had fun!

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
Sorry the hear Anna:(

Good Luck on the job thing.:thumbsup

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GroverSV650S said:
Is your trip out west cancelled? I suppose it SHOULD be, but you're an addict just like the rest of us :twofinger
yep... I can't afford to rent the pickup truck. I would ride out there but it would take me 4-5 days to get there and I can't afford to stay in a motel room every night either... Oh well. I'm thinking of alternative rides to pass the time.

Kim, you should have come out on Sunday, there was a few HD's and cruisers along for the ride too.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
well I hope you find something Anna, I felt bad when you told me last week. Good luck and go riding alot to cheer yourself up!
:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

KBOlsen said:
I saw the pics from Sunday - looked like you all had fun!
too bad you couldn't come, there were 3 cruisers. You'd have fit right in. :p :p

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
That sucks. I used Monster.com to find my job here. I found it works pretty good, but I guess it depends on what you're looking for.

If you had a science degree I could probably help you a job in the lab here.

Chicago has a lot of food and packaging companies. Take a look at the following:

http://www.tphinc.com/employments.htm
www.colbertpkg.com
www.frainindustries.com
http://www.lienhartdesign.com/packaging.html
http://www.kraft.com/careers/

http://location.monster.com/us/il/

That's just a couple I found searching around. Good luck.

·
Banned
5,923 Posts
VIVID1 said:
I was off line for the past week and half because I was laid off from work and I finally got internet at home. I'm just glad it's summer and I can enjoy my time off, although if anyone has any leads on a job for me, please let me know.

designer - MAC/PC for:

Internet
Product design
Desk top publication/Print
Graphics
Marketing/Advertising/Promotions

Thanks,
Anna
Talk to me on sunday...I'll be there at 10:00..I need help with my website, maybe a side job to keep the money flowing.

Brian

·
3,613 Posts
Re: Re: I'm back

Brian said:
I need help with my website
You certainly do. :D :laughing :twofinger

·
Banned
5,923 Posts
Re: Re: Re: I'm back

maks said:
You certainly do. :D :laughing :twofinger
You bastard!!!

Remind me on Sunday to kick your ass:twofinger

Do not gimme any excuses about not being able to go on Sunday either....I want to see your skillzz

Anna glad you're back!!!!!!!!!!!
(See I'm not a complete bastard)

Brian

1 - 19 of 19 Posts