Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Lick Me
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
watching tv and i see a commercial for restless leg syndrome drug Mirapex and they list one of the side effect as increased gambling. :wtf: their web site says it can cause you to fall asleep without any warning also and cause hallucinations. how does that work. i think that we all need to take pills for everything.

·
Cuddlie as a koala
7,520 Posts
Heres a bigger stupider question.

Why the fuck are they advertising PRESCRIPTION DRUGS on TV anyway?

·
OBAMA FTW!!!!1!
3,648 Posts
Because most drugs are there to mask an illusive problem not to cure it, its a huge business that could care less if you are healthy or not as long as the can sell you something

·
Lick Me
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

there is a new disease or virus that you never heard about that you need to worry about every day and without commercials you would not hear about them.

·
Formerly RwS Films
1,284 Posts
...can cause hallucinations.
Where can I get some LOL. j/k

It's all about hooking in Babyboomers who have gotten used to taking pills to fix all of their problems (starting with prozac)

·
Cuddlie as a koala
7,520 Posts
there is a new disease or virus that you never heard about that you need to worry about every day and without commercials you would not hear about them.

The people that sit and worry about every damn virus and disease that they MAY catch really need to hold their breath for an hour and DIE.

·
To Punish and Enslave
3,952 Posts
Didn't that one also say something about increasing promiscuous or some crap or whats that something else? They talked about it on the radio saying every cheating guy out there now has a reason to cheat :laughing:

·
Lick Me
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i enjoy it when the side effects are way worse then the "problem" that you are trying to fix.

·
Registered
12,530 Posts

Yeah for capitalism!

On that same note.. Why haven't we heard word one of this on tv?
http://ki.se/ki/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=130&a=15986&l=en

fine print
apologies if we have heard word one on tv.. i havent really been watching tv... I just assumed.

in any case..
figures they'd figure out a way to immunize/cure aids AFTER I get married...
grrrr.
stupid [email protected]
free love!

ps2
i know its just an initial study.. but it worked for my joke.

·
Serious inquiries only
13,775 Posts
WARNING! Do not take this medication if you have or have had in the past: Heart complications; difficulty breathing when hitting the bong; walked on one or two feet; see with or without your eyes; have 4 extremities known as feet or hands; can read; breath with your mouth or nose; pooped in a toilet; splashed urine on the toilet seat; or eaten with your mouth.

Contact a Dr. immediately, even if you don't want this medicine. The Dr. needs your business, he needs the money. And take any medicine the Dr. gives you, the pharmy companies need your money too, they're broke.

·
Moderator,
23,638 Posts
I get a kick out of some of these side-effects. The gambling one is the best except for glaucoma. You won't have RLS, but you will be blind!

For the nay-sayers out there RLS is real and I'm glad its finally been diagnosed.

I've had RLS since I was a toddler. It is difficult to describe exactly, but it is a neurological disorder that causes pain in my legs. In the past few years I also feel it in my upper arms. I have this uncontrollable ugre to flex my leg muscles and kick. It really sucks because it can keep me up all night. When I get mild bouts I sleep on the floor on my stomach. The pressure on my legs reduces the urge to kick. If it is particularly bad I'll have to sleep in a separate room or my wife won't get any sleep either.

I've found that alcohol and caffeine exacerbate the condition. I've pretty much cut caffeine out of my diet competely. You'll never see my drink coffee and I will rarely have some iced-tea. And I'm not much of a drinker.

Still my RLS acts up a few times a week, and I get the jitters during the day. I am a constant foot-tapper. I've learned to live with it. I hope it'll never get bad enough that I have to take perscription meds.

·
Banned
17,542 Posts
Nexium - Could lower your blood pressure.

Common side effects - Death.

:laughing: I'd rather deal with high bp than getting any of the side effects they describe.

·
Banned
17,542 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts