Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay - so my long slow burn of hair loss has picked up the pace. What was once a receding hairline is now a growing bald spot. It was a good run I suppose (nearly 38 years) but the time has come to acknowledge and address. Soon the hairline is going to catch up to the baldspot and then I'm going to need to invest in hats!

I don't have the option to go bald, or live in some weird bald hybrid state. I have a funny shaped head - and frankly I find the thought horrifying.

I don't have the patience or determination to try potions and diets and blah blah so we can skip that. Guessing my vanity, combined with my ADD leaves me with one of those implanting options where they glue hair from your ass to your head?

Anyone done this or similar? Looking for feedback, and if you were happy with a solution or clinic - I'd take some contact info.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Okay - so my long slow burn of hair loss has picked up the pace. What was once a receding hairline is now a growing bald spot. It was a good run I suppose (nearly 38 years) but the time has come to acknowledge and address. Soon the hairline is going to catch up to the baldspot and then I'm going to need to invest in hats!

I don't have the option to go bald, or live in some weird bald hybrid state. I have a funny shaped head - and frankly I find the thought horrifying.

I don't have the patience or determination to try potions and diets and blah blah so we can skip that. Guessing my vanity, combined with my ADD leaves me with one of those implanting options where they glue hair from your ass to your head?

Anyone done this or similar? Looking for feedback, and if you were happy with a solution or clinic - I'd take some contact info.
Time to invest in a pork-pie hat and learn to cook blue meth :D

Unfortunately it's part of life...sucks getting old when hair stops growing where it should and starts where it shouldn't!

·
I've heard transplants cost about a buck a plug. A typical guy needs around 10,000 plugs.

I'm gaining forehead pretty steadily. I'm ok with it. I had it when I needed it.

·
Premium Member
9,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've heard transplants cost about a buck a plug. A typical guy needs around 10,000 plugs.

I'm gaining forehead pretty steadily. I'm ok with it. I had it when I needed it.
On the one hand, I'm filthy rich, so that's no big deal ($10K...really?). On the other hand, Mrs. Underdog doesn't seem to care so I guess we'll ride it out a bit longer and see what happens. Nice part about being 11' tall is that it's pretty well hidden.

Hmph.

Still - if someone had something done that worked like gangbusters and didn't require a straw buyer to pay for it. I'd be interested.

·
pfft.
11,638 Posts
On the one hand, I'm filthy rich, so that's no big deal ($10K...really?). On the other hand, Mrs. Underdog doesn't seem to care so I guess we'll ride it out a bit longer and see what happens. Nice part about being 11' tall is that it's pretty well hidden.

Hmph.

Still - if someone had something done that worked like gangbusters and didn't require a straw buyer to pay for it. I'd be interested.
You just covered everything I was going to say in my reply. My husband is a foot taller than I am, and his bald spot is far larger than it was when I met him a decade ago, yet it matters none to me (1) because I'm madly in love with him and (2) because I can't see it unless I'm standing on a building looking down at him. He wears hats on the weekends, and frankly I think that's a handsome look. I wouldn't be concerned about it, Patrick.

Just cut your hair shorter so you don't look like Doc Brown.

In all seriousness, talk to your primary care doctor and ask for their advice. They may recommend an OTC like Rogaine or a similar prescription (there are even hormone treatments) that could make enough of a difference for you. I know a lot about this because I was really intent on growing out my 70s bush there for a while. :laughing

·
Ridiculously Good Looking
32,753 Posts
Dude, just Jason Statham that shit where you do the Beard and Head hair at all the same length - I have shaved my had many times and the shit will grow back.........well, for you, lets just hope

Otherwise, like Peyton Manning said, "Just Rub Some Dirt On it"

·
Registered
18,079 Posts
Guessing my vanity, combined with my ADD leaves me with one of those implanting options where they glue hair from your ass to your head?
Im such a good friend you can have some of the hair off of MY ass!!!!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Just let it go and shave that shit off. I've been shaving mine since high school. When I started growing it back some 14 years ago I noticed some of it wasn't growing back. I just took the guard off the clippers and started shaving it closer. I don't miss it.

·
Pringles can user
6,269 Posts

just accept it, if your single looking for trim i wouldnt worry about it, ive found i got more trim when i shaved my head and then proceeded to drop the hammer on em and eat that box for a hr at a time - if you do that they wont go anywhere as long as your not a fuckin dweeb. its part of life and growing old - i like the hyb rid state - i call it the Chernobybl -chemo look! its all vanity shit - in the big picture non of it matters!

·
Ridiculously Good Looking
32,753 Posts

·
Old Squid on a Blade
9,388 Posts
On the plus side of going bald, when your head sweats it evaporates faster.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Men only have two real choices...You either end up a roll-on or a Q -tip...anything else is artificial and not very "manly".....................Embrace it...just keep telling yourself it shows experience and looks distinguished...it does!

Getting old beats the alternative...only happens to the lucky...AND...it ain't for sissies!

Only 3 years to Social Security!

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
:D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts