Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Everybody to the Limit
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pre-planning my funeral (as apposed to post-planning). I've decided that it would be an honor to have my sportbike pals there. It would make a cool procession and the funeral itself will be short. At graveside I want everyone to toss in their busted parts, kinda like the tree of shame at Deals Gap. No whole fairings please. Hey, I gotta fit in there!! I have money stashed away for the after ceremony party. This is not some whiny, blubbering occasion. I want everyone to have fun. It will be closed casket so nobody feels obliged to say "he looks so good/peaceful/content" etc. We all know that's BS. I'm an ugly bastard now, I can imagine what I will look like dead!!! Please note, this does NOT mean that when we are riding next summer that you should try to stuff me in turns, take the nut off my axle or whatever just to go to a free party (Motobeagle!!!) LOL. I just wanna be covered if something tragic happens. My wife and son have instructions for posting my demise. Have fun.

P.S. Should this have been posted in group rides?

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
well i see your point and its a good idea to do it before hand,
i told my wife where all the life insurnce policys are and the keys to stuff, and a packet that stays with my business lawyer to give to my wife if for some reason i die.

untill then it stays closed, and gets updated each year.

i dont even think i want a funeral, just burn me to ash's and fling me off the highest mountain into the air.

man i feel depressed:twofinger

change the freaking subject:laughing

·
Lovin this Twin
1,980 Posts
Dammit!!! I still havent done a will

Anyone know anything about living trust's... I need info

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
I kind of always figured that anyone who wants to mourn at my "funeral" (memorial service more likely) really didn't know me. It nice to know a few people may have to wonder what will happen to Fridays at Hooters or where they will get home-made hot sauce, or even who Tony's going to fight for the Busa!:)

At the reception they will have to serve Cajun, Mexican, and Thai food with lots of microbrew beers and high-end tequilas and vodkas.

:thumbsup

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
HooliganZX6 said:
Dammit!!! I still havent done a will

Anyone know anything about living trust's... I need info
They're pretty easy to set up. I don't know a lot about it but my parents have done that. You will have to name a trustee. Whether you should do this depends on your assets and there are some tradeoffs concerning what you include in the trust.

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
MeggysGixxer said:
god you guys are depressing
You're just in denial. Everyone bites the big one sometime. Nice to be prepared. I figure.. WTF I'm dead. What people do to celebrate or mourn my loss is up to them.

I personally have just enough life insuance to cover all of my debts unless I bite it on business. Then my family gets a little extra.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
I'm surprised my wife hasn't put a price on my head I'm so heavily insured:laughing :laughing :laughing

I've got enough for her to keep making the bills and go to school full time to get a degree if I croak. Everything is in both of our names and I have no kids so I'm not sure I need to actually write a will or anything. Guess I should check into that. :rolleyes I don't have alot anyway so I'm sure it won't be a big deal

·
Registered
479 Posts
Life insurance

I am amazed that everybody does not have a good policy or 2. I want my wife covered. I know how I ride, and it makes it more fun knowing that she does not have to worry. My primary policy is through Farmers for 500K, and one through work for about the same. They are cheap. Get one. Especially for all of you Ricky racer wannabes. :twofinger

Layne, Can I have all of your guns?;) Nottin but luv fo ya.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts