1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Dude, that was priceless.

·
Go Speed! Go!
398 Posts
That was great. You know in 1973 (when motorola started working on the first handheld phone prototype) AT&T was not only the largest company in the US (and I think the world), but they were petitioning the FCC to be given a monopoly for nationwide cellular service. On top of that they believed cell phones should only be in cars and there was no need to carry them.

·
I'd rather be railing :)
1,723 Posts
Nice post Biggy. LOL

Yeah, I saw a documentary on cell phones and funny to note that AT&T was only pushing for car phones and nothing else, while Motorola was pushing for portable cell phones. Also, I didn't realize it, but America was one of the last developed countries to get cell phone service, because of the legal battles between AT&T and Moto...

Speaking of the iPhone generation, it's funny to note that there's still tonnes of people that say all they want a phone to do is make and receive phone calls :laughing:

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
What is MORE funny is there are still folks that do not nor never plan to have cell phones. (My parents for one!)

·
Fear is the mind killer
8,770 Posts
Nice post Biggy. LOL

Speaking of the iPhone generation, it's funny to note that there's still tonnes of people that say all they want a phone to do is make and receive phone calls :laughing:

That is me, but I am slowly cracking. I will be forced to use text messaging because many CLSB users prefer to use it instead of just calling people :(. So, I may just give up the individual pieces and put it all on one device. The only thing I fear there is theft or lost, it would be similar to someone stealing your wallet. Some things you may not ever replace, or would be a major pain in the ass to rebuild. With separate devices, the chances of losing everything at one time is slim.

·
CRF50 Squid
9,583 Posts
I used up 1,300+ texts this month and only 300+ minutes. Texts messages are so much easier to deal with. I'm a convert.

·
Ridiculously Good Looking
32,753 Posts
I was one that only wanted a "cell" to make calls and such than I carried a Treo and being able to have Portals loaded with all the info I needed and my emails as well as "cell" service, I could never go back to not having Internet on my phone again - I carry a Samsung Flip right now but the Net is lightnig fast and it does all I need it to and more plus it is so thin and light I never even know it is ibn my pocket

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/phones/Samsung-M610.htm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts