Chicagoland Sportbikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright...stupid question. Is it really necessary to put my front fender back on the track bike? I did not get the sharkskinz fender and I'd hate to trash the stocker. Will rocks and shit fly up and screw up my brake lines and radiator?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Kruz said:
Alright...stupid question. Is it really necessary to put my front fender back on the track bike? I did not get the sharkskinz fender and I'd hate to trash the stocker. Will rocks and shit fly up and screw up my brake lines?
Planning to replace the radiator soon??? :laughing :laughing :laughing

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The belly of the sharkskinz covers that up....

I'll put it back on...

Almost done with everything...looking good too.

Oh...another ?
WHere do I tie down those three hoses (gas, air, coolant?) that run down where the lickstand ued to be? Do I tuck them in the belly of the skins?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Kruz said:
WHere do I tie down those three hoses (gas, air, coolant?) that run down where the lickstand ued to be? Do I tuck them in the belly of the skins?

Per CCS rulebook:

"All oil/fuel and coolant carrying hoses or lines must be secured at all conneting points by clips,clamps,safetywire or other approved means"

" On 4stroke machines crankcase vent tubes must be routed into a heat resistant catch can of at least 350cc capacity or to the airbox."

"Radiator overflow and battery vent tubes may be routed to a separate catch can that need not be vented into the intake area."

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WTH does that mean...?

Do I stick them in a mountain dew bottle and tie the bottle down?

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
damm good find mark;)
i was about to suggest just routing them over the back wheel threw the sub frame:rolleyes guess that wouldda been a bad idea:laughing

p.s. that was a joke..and never route them as such..those slippery fluids will get on your rear tire and cause an accident!

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Kruz said:
WTH does that mean...?

I've seen thaT(mt dew bottle under seat) AT a track day and wondered what the hell was that.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Kruz said:
Basically yeah...:D :rofl

I prefer a classy beer can like Natural Light .:evil :evil :evil It is heat resistant and of more than 350cc capacity.:cheers So have a beer and install your catch can.:cheers :cheers :cheers

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can I put it in the belly?

Or should I rerun the hoses under the seat somewhere?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Kruz said:
Im not racing CCS? This is just for trackdays..
Last time I checked most trackdays Advanced groups tech requirements pretty much mirror clubracing tech rules. You wanna be ready for that bumpup to advanced don't ya???:evil

:cheers :twofinger :cheers

·
Registered
916 Posts
Kruz said:
Can I put it in the belly?

Or should I rerun the hoses under the seat somewhere?
Never seen a catch can in a belly pan...???

I'd put it under the seat just to be safe...it would suck to miss a session to have to redo it at the track if tech didn't approve.:confused

1 - 15 of 15 Posts