Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

· __________
6,301 Posts
It's pretty clean for its age, but it's definetely been ridden. Look around the frame, in the one pic you can see the boots scuffs in the paint. You can't see the bottom of it, but I'd bet that's where it shows how much it's been ridden. For that kind of money for a CR500, I would expect a damn near perfect bike. I may be out of line though.

For $2600 I would buy another thumper for sumo or an SV.

· Registered
12,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't want another SV. I have 3 and I just bought a brand new motor for 400 bucks on Saturday.

Damn it! I don't know what I want, but I want something and it's killing me. LOL!!

· Registered
12,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dude, I'm buying something modern. I'd love to have that Husky but 400 bucks is 400 bucks and I'm saving my pennies for either a dirtbike or a supermoto bike. I want a big honkin 4 stroke and if it's street legal that it's even better.

I've always loved the big 500 2 strokes though. I called Tom and told him about it and he asked if it comes with a casket. LOL!

· Grid Marshall. ,
26,896 Posts
Dave, the CR500 is the only 2 stroke worth making a trail bike. Other 2 strokes don't make enough power, especially on the bottom. LOL!
Oh good lord, you could blaze your own trails with that fucking menace. The 125's and 250's could just follow Nick through heavily wooded areas as the 500 destroys everything in its path:laughing

· Registered
12,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If you ever get a dirtbike Dave, I'll take you for a nice easy trail ride at Buffalo. You will puke in your helmet, get pinned under your bike, crap in your pants and wish you were dead all within a 20 minute loop around beautiful scenic Ottowa back country.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.