Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We spent the day rearranging stuff in the garage, and tearing down Number Two so the frame and swingarm can be bead-blasted. Gonna give her a "real" front end, too (springs in BOTH forks and a brace). Took the Barge around the block, loaded the van for next weekend, and could SEE MY BREATH! :(

I hope it's warmer than this at Putnam - or at least as sunny.

Next step is raking leaves so we can take our Christmas card "family photo". Gonna need someone with a bucket truck to get all the "kids" in the picture!

So did anybody do anything interesting today??

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
nah put Jeff's slip on on and took the R6 around the block. GP shifting was fun. shifted into 1 and away went the back tire. Doin a little slip n slid action. But rode thru it. :D

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
Champ91 said:
nah put Jeff's slip on on and took the R6 around the block. GP shifting was fun. shifted into 1 and away went the back tire. Doin a little slip n slid action. But rode thru it. :D
so is his new one quiet or just as loud as his last one? dont want to here anymore excuses about his bike being to loud for him to ride it hard?:rolleyes :twofinger :laughing :laughing

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I changed the oil and put in some ethylene glycol. Getting ready for the winter rides.

Doc

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
i went riding...frooze my ass off even while bundled up and did some wheelies:D

i think i gotta buy a snow suit for winter riding..i must be getting older cause the cold feels colder..lol

·
3,613 Posts
Odysseys said:
i must be getting older cause the cold feels colder..lol
No dude, it's genuinely COLD AS FUCK outside. :mad I went to get groceries and froze my ass off.

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
JimGoFast said:
so is his new one quiet or just as loud as his last one? dont want to here anymore excuses about his bike being to loud for him to ride it hard?:rolleyes :twofinger :laughing :laughing
i think i was a tad quieter.

·
CLSB RESIDENT *******!!!!
1,331 Posts
maks said:
No dude, it's genuinely COLD AS FUCK outside. :mad I went to get groceries and froze my ass off.
Groceries on a bike??????????? lol

Mark:p

·
3,613 Posts
F4iDog said:
Groceries on a bike??????????? lol
That's what backpacks are for, duh! :D

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
maks said:
That's what backpacks are for, duh! :D
Groceries?...Max just went on a beer run :D

Sunday morning I recovered from Saturday night and bought an entertainment center and receiver and speakers (little surround sound stuff). Spent all afternoon and night putting it together. Scratched the TV stand first time I put the TV in :mad Watched some more Pulp Fiction :D Now my living room isn't a mess of video game/television coax and RCA cables.

Chris

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
maks said:
Ken and I went for a short blast. It was cold but not as bad as you make it sound:D

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
LOL, too damn cold to ride. 60 degrees is my cut off. :D :D

·
stuck in 6th gear,
7,631 Posts
don't ya feel like a sissy bitching about the weather when they ran the chicago marathon this weekend?

(yeah, I'm a wuss. spent most of the weekend inside watching tv catching up on TiVo stuff)

·
Grammaton Cleric
1,842 Posts
Some perspective...

So, if I'm doing 180mph on my Hayabusa when it is 0 degrees outside, it will actually feel like -150 degrees or something like that.

Maybe if I slap on a turbocharger and a delimiter, I might be able to reach 0 Kelvin.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
GsxrTony said:
LOL, too damn cold to ride. 60 degrees is my cut off. :D :D

Should of takin' out the Valk you wouldn't of felt a thing with all that plastic around you. Maybe you can put a bubble around it and install a heater and we could call you bubble boy.:laughing :laughing WOUSE!!!:D :laughing :laughing :cheers

·
stuck in 6th gear,
7,631 Posts
MrBusa said:
Some perspective...

So, if I'm doing 180mph on my Hayabusa when it is 0 degrees outside, it will actually feel like -150 degrees or something like that.

Maybe if I slap on a turbocharger and a delimiter, I might be able to reach 0 Kelvin.
well not quite that bad...unless you're riding around in your bday suit instead of decent motorcycle gear. :laughing

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Nothing a few beers wouldn't take care of to get that false sense of warmth going on. (<--insert shocked smiley here) Oops I said that outloud. J/K guys don't do that:nono :D :laughing :laughing

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Crazy said:

Should of takin' out the Valk you wouldn't of felt a thing with all that plastic around you. Maybe you can put a bubble around it and install a heater and we could call you bubble boy.:laughing :laughing WOUSE!!!:D :laughing :laughing :cheers
ROFL I knew that was coming from someone. Actually I have two different limits. The busa Stays in the garage if it's below 60 but the Valk still comes out if its above 50. Anything colder than that and its just not fun to ride.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
GsxrTony said:

ROFL I knew that was coming from someone. Actually I have two different limits. The busa Stays in the garage if it's below 60 but the Valk still comes out if its above 50. Anything colder than that and its just not fun to ride.

I'm just going to reiterate my previous post here.:D :laughing :laughing

1 - 20 of 55 Posts