Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Wannabe racer
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it probably works out for the best since we won't be riding on the street anymore, but man I loved that bike.

The insurance company is going to call back this afternoon with what they plan on giving us. But hopefully we will get our downpayment back. She is gone, April is gone.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Sorry to hear Dave,

Saves you the hasle of selling it then on the bright side.:cheers

Also sounds like yours and your wife's personal repair bill was les than the bikes. That's a good thing;)

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
Thats a real bummer man. Sorry to hear it. Probably better than a "repaired" bike though.

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
well thats good in a way...and sucks in another...as long as you 2 guys are ok..fuck the bike.
life and wellness is more important;)

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
Nice job Dave, you are the "Demolition Man". Is this the frist bike you've actually totalled? :evil

·
Premium Member
9,252 Posts
Sorry to hear the news as well. If you care to share, can you tell us how it happened? I gather you're all okay, which is of course the most important thing...

I remembered seeing a thread on your accident show up awhile back, but I wasn't able to open it, and I can't find it anymore.

If it's not too painful to recollect, I'd like to learn what I can from your experience.

Thanks

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
:laughing as dave can vouche...DONT crash it sucks and it hurts.
not to be rude..thats not what i am trying to express;)

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
damn That sucks Bro. Good to hear your OK though

·
Wannabe racer
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't care to post the details until the whole thing is taken care of. The other vehicle involved seemed like he was going after some money. After all is said and done I will post the details.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Odysseys said:
:laughing as dave can vouche...DONT crash it sucks and it hurts.
not to be rude..thats not what i am trying to express;)
Yeah! Kind of all ready figured that one out. :laughing

Dave: Like-wise on the not knowing about what happened but I'm glad to hear your both ok anyway. :D

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
Sorry about the bike. Glad your ok.

·
Wannabe racer
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The funniest part is as of Tuesday of last week I was up to three bikes, by Thursday back down to 2. And the one I wanted to be gone still isn't :laughing

Hey at least the Blue Book value on it was enough to get us our downpayment back, now the real question will be how long before they skyrocket my rates?

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
lovebothkats said:
Hey at least the Blue Book value on it was enough to get us our downpayment back, now the real question will be how long before they skyrocket my rates?
State Farm may or may not raise your rates but on your second at-fault claim you will most likely be dropped or not invited to renew your policy.

I know they are not accepting any new business from people with claims.

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
I tried to get them to quote my bike and they declined. I have no accidents or violations either.

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
Champ91 said:
I tried to get them to quote my bike and they declined. I have no accidents or violations either.
State Farm will only insure your bike if you take out a policy on your car or house. They pretty much take a loss on the motorcycle to get your other business.

Kind of shitty how insurance companies are more than happy to take your money for years and pay nothing out.... then you finally try and use what you paid for... and they drop you. I'm paying $400 too much per year on my car ot save $1000/year on the bike. When I turn 25 next year all my rates should be cut by 30% or more.

Hell I can cover half the payments of a new cruiser with the cut in insurance for my age, for insuring a cruiser instead of a sportbike, and the reduced cost of maintenance (tires, chain, sprockets, valve adjustments). Although I will have to buy some new riding gear.

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
I asked them to quote

1 house
2 cars
1 motorcycle
additional rider on wifes ring

they said they would quote all but the bike.

·
Grand Master Crash
1,079 Posts
cherrypicker said:
When I turn 25 next year all my rates should be cut by 30% or more.
Don't bank on that one anymore.

I just turned 25 in August... my rates when down a whopping $25/yr. That's not even 5%. EVERYBODY'S rates went up. I even called Country Companies for a quote, and they were the same as the rates I'm paying at SF...

·
Grand Master Crash
1,079 Posts
Odysseys said:
looks like you guys need to get married:evil
LOL... yeah, sure... then my bike insurance rates will go WAY down. Non-existent, in fact... as will my bike payment, racing budget, drinking budget.... meanwhile, my decorating costs go WAY up as she decides I need new drapes and a remodeled bathroom...

;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts