Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
CUBS fan, not a SOX hater
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wil be heading to the dog park tomorrow at Noon with Mimi.. I think FireBretha and Loki are in, anyone else? Post up!

It's beautiful out today and I'm still on vacation so I may head over there this afternoon as well.

Nicole

·
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I might end up over there, maybe with my sis's baby yellow lab too.
Cool, my buddy Joe is going to let Sam swim again (It's cold as hell, but Sam swims all year), so maybe Tyson and the baby puppy can go for a swim with him.

Nicole

·
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rawr.

yep, we are planning on it. address? time, etc. etc. etc.

On frontage Rd just north of Caton Farm Rd. I'll be up there at noon. I take back roads to get there (Plainfield Rd to 126, right on 126, left at first stop sign which is Ridge, follow that down to Caton Farm. Follow Caton Farm all the way down to Frontage Rd (By I55). It takes me about 25 mins to get there.

The park is fenced so everyone is off leash. there is a lake that the dogs swim in but it's not fenced. I'll have my Camera with this time. Is Eva coming?

Nicole

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
not trying to be a day spoiler, but you guys know if your talking about the dog park on black road, you need a permit "pay for some stupid permit" to use the dog park right?

·
not trying to be a day spoiler, but you guys know if your talking about the dog park on black road, you need a permit "pay for some stupid permit" to use the dog park right?
No Ken, this one is at the old Van Horn woods, not Hamel Woods. If you took Caton Farm toward Essington but turned left on frontage just before I55 overpass (from your house).

Free and no permits required (as far as I know)

·
VTwin FTW!
5,564 Posts
Can I get an address please?

·
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll have to bring my digi camera for tomorrow :cheers: Mimi is too cute :)
It was very fun today! Bella rocks...what a good girl she is!!!!! Mimi is exhausted...it's tough being a puppy.

See you and Bella tomorrow.

Nicole

·
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
VTwin FTW!
5,564 Posts
I don't have an address...anyone? Where are you coming from? PM me and I'll give you directions.

Nicole

·
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ya know Mike...I CAN read..LOL..however, it was possible you were coming from somewhere OTHER than Elk Grove. So being that you're a total smart ass...and smart ass's are ok in my book :) I'll give you directions anywho...

You need to get to 55 south (not sure if you can access it from 355 as I usually get on from 88). Take 55 south to Rt 30. Head west on Rt 30 to frontage road (there is a truck stop on one side and aBP on the other). Turn left. Follow frontage road donw past a bunch of hosues and the forest preserve and dog park will be on your right.

Nicole

·
VTwin FTW!
5,564 Posts
Ya know Mike...I CAN read..LOL..however, it was possible you were coming from somewhere OTHER than Elk Grove. So being that you're a total smart ass...and smart ass's are ok in my book :) I'll give you directions anywho...

You need to get to 55 south (not sure if you can access it from 355 as I usually get on from 88). Take 55 south to Rt 30. Head west on Rt 30 to frontage road (there is a truck stop on one side and aBP on the other). Turn left. Follow frontage road donw past a bunch of hosues and the forest preserve and dog park will be on your right.

Nicole
Thanks. I'll try and make it. Max is about 11 weeks now and growing fast. I don't know if I can let him run around on his own though. Will that be a problem??

·
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks. I'll try and make it. Max is about 11 weeks now and growing fast. I don't know if I can let him run around on his own though. Will that be a problem??
What breed is he? I have a 6 month old Dobe puppy he can play with.

You can let max run with the others...as long as he's had a few sets of shots. The area is fenced and we can all keep an eye on him to make sure it's a positive experience for him (11 weeks is an imprint stage in a puppies life).

Meech had Bella out today and I had Mimi...we are both really good about watching for pack mentalities and keeping dogs from dominating one another.

I know FireBretha is going with Loki (male Dobe) and I think Dirtbiker is bringing Tyson (yellow lab) and his sisters puppy lab. Lsilver will hopefully be there with his beagles (can't remember their names), and my bddy Joe will be there with Sam (big fat black lab who lives to swim!).

Should be a good time...

Nicole

·
VTwin FTW!
5,564 Posts
Max is a black lab.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts