Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Thee original azzhole!
6,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
holy crap man....you guys ever get the chance to do this...go for it...even though you dont get to drive...it will give you a good adrenaline rush...

they kinda blow thier load right off the bat...
1st thing you go to is the I.R.O.C. stock car and i think they should save that for last...regardless...it kicks the best ass...140 mph balls out and no holds barred..g-forces are not all that bad..had the H.A.N.'s on also...

then you take the ride in the panoz GTS road car which is asskicking also...

theonly thing i was kinda dissapointed about was that the 3rd one...they called it a road coarse...it was nothing other then drifting when we got to that last..they even called it drifting...i still dont get the big whoop about drifting...

in my mind, it takes a real driver to control a car around a turn attempting to pass people and move up in a pack...drifting is nothing like that...but hey...thats what people want to do..then so be it...but the kinda cool part about the drift course...they had actiully 3 women drivers doing it...so that impressed me quite a bit to see women still involved in auto-related sports...i met up with RICK MEARS again as he did a surprize show up for this weekend...i got my picture with him, autograph and told him that i originally met him back in 91 out at laguna seca raceway in cali when i was working security there when i was in the military and they requested our assistance...but i ran out of film when i got to him last time...this time i had PLENTY of film for pictures ready...holy crap what a great fucking time...but man what a god damn drive...i spent just as much time driving there and back as i did going on the rides and doing the drivers meetings...

TOTALLY RECOMMEND GOING if you get the chance everyone...its a BLAST..

·
Thee original azzhole!
6,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Free Man...nothing But Gas To Get There And Toll $....free Admision...fre Crap They Give You....everything Free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
2,068 Posts
theonly thing i was kinda dissapointed about was that the 3rd one...they called it a road coarse...it was nothing other then drifting when we got to that last..they even called it drifting...i still dont get the big whoop about drifting...
it makes the sport compact poseurs cars feel faster. But ya, it's stupid.

Glad you had fun. Getting strapped into a race car and feeling the "grunt" that you cant feel on a bike is awesome.

·
BSB > WSBK > MotoGP
11,947 Posts
When you guys can drive a car in a controlled drift, then get back to me. It's hard to do. It's not the fastest way around a track, that's why it's a demonstration sport.\

And no, drifting in rain/snow doesn't count.

·
Joe Momma...
3,822 Posts
shadrach said:
what about going backwards in snow??? My civic is front wheel drive :jester

·
Banned
2,068 Posts
shadrach said:
When you guys can drive a car in a controlled drift, then get back to me. It's hard to do. It's not the fastest way around a track, that's why it's a demonstration sport.\

okay, im back. drifting a car, pst waste of time and requires no effort. Something the sport compact came up with to show off how slow their cars go. Real skill is drifting motorcycles that have no brakes on a dirt oval track. And you want a real demonstration sport, thats called the Blue Angels or any aerobatic flying.

·
Boom
13,320 Posts
oldschoolninja said:
okay, im back. drifting a car, pst waste of time and requires no effort. Something the sport compact came up with to show off how slow their cars go. Real skill is drifting motorcycles that have no brakes on a dirt oval track. And you want a real demonstration sport, thats called the Blue Angels or any aerobatic flying.
most cars used in professional dirfting would show ya how slow your bike is.

and are you gonna now say that racing 1/4 mile takes no effort too? (not just finishing the quarter mile either :laughing )

·
Banned
2,068 Posts
bwa said:
most cars used in professional dirfting would show ya how slow your bike is.

and are you gonna now say that racing 1/4 mile takes no effort too? (not just finishing the quarter mile either :laughing )

Asian cars are fast? So how would a motorcycle engine in a car be faster?

I thought you would say nascar takes no effort. That is what most people say. Nascar and drag racing are real sports, unlike a coffee can exhaust drifting. I can drift RC cars as easy as the real thing. Big deal. Takes more skill trying to get a fastest time then pushing a car into a slide.

·
Boom
13,320 Posts
oldschoolninja said:
Asian cars are fast? So how would a motorcycle engine in a car be faster?

I thought you would say nascar takes no effort. That is what most people say. Nascar and drag racing are real sports, unlike a coffee can exhaust drifting. I can drift RC cars as easy as the real thing. Big deal. Takes more skill trying to get a fastest time then pushing a car into a slide.
you're just being a hater putting all asians cars into coffee can exhaust POS's :rolleyes . The cars used in pro drifting easily reach 1000HP, and they have different events, other than just showing off. Like synchronised obstacle course, and actual racing for position. Takes more skill to do those than drag racing.

·
Joe Momma...
3,822 Posts
wasn't the drifting mac daddy car the pontiac GTO? Any sport that's based on judges opinion is stupid to me.

·
Banned
2,068 Posts
bwa said:
you're just being a hater putting all asians cars into coffee can exhaust POS's :rolleyes . The cars used in pro drifting easily reach 1000HP, and they have different events, other than just showing off. Like synchronised obstacle course, and actual racing for position. Takes more skill to do those than drag racing.

Isn't the first time someone built a motor that makes 1000hp. Just like you said, drifting is "just showing off" how riced the cars can slide.

Asian cars and the whole sport compact sport is all BS. My buddy and i always have a ball when we see one on the street.

·
Boom
13,320 Posts
oldschoolninja said:
Isn't the first time someone built a motor that makes 1000hp. Just like you said, drifting is "just showing off" how riced the cars can slide.

Asian cars and the whole sport compact sport is all BS. My buddy and i always have a ball when we see one on the street.
no shit it's not the first time, just going back to you saying they aren't fast, don't change the topic :rolleyes

and no,it wasn't me that said it's just showing off. again, they actually have racing while drifting where they try to get thru an obstacle course the quickest. And again, that takes way more skill than tryin to go as fast is you can in a straight line.

JoJo said:
Any sport that's based on judges opinion is stupid to me.
I take ya than don't like boxing, gymnastics or plenty of other sports that use judges. And off course those require no skills at all :rolleyes

·
Registered
18,079 Posts
whats a Asian car??

·
Joe Momma...
3,822 Posts
bwa said:
I take ya than don't like boxing, gymnastics or plenty of other sports that use judges. And off course those require no skills at all :rolleyes
Hate boxing (unless someone gets knocked out), hate figure skating, hate gymnastics, and hate all those x-games where they judge it. It just doesn't have that competitive feel that sports are supposed to have.

I never said anything about it not requiring skills, just said it was stupid.

·
Banned
2,068 Posts
bwa said:
no shit it's not the first time, just going back to you saying they aren't fast, don't change the topic :rolleyes

and no,it wasn't me that said it's just showing off. again, they actually have racing while drifting where they try to get thru an obstacle course the quickest. And again, that takes way more skill than tryin to go as fast is you can in a straight line.

Asian cars are slow. I'm not avoiding that subject. You can do a search on this forum and on SBN of me saying it ALL the time. John Force doesn't drive a "sports compact" car.

Actually, you did say, it is showing off. Read the quote from you.

If drag racing took no skill, then everyone would be beating john force. Id rather see motorcycle drifting then asian cars. And motorcycle drifting on dirt oval has been around for decades.

Just because Jessie James did an episode of drifting, and said it was somewhat kewl, doesn't mean it's kewl. :robewizar

·
Boom
13,320 Posts
oldschoolninja said:
Actually, you did say, it is showing off. Read the quote from you.
again, no i said "they have different events, other than just showing off" :twofinger

and wtf does it matter that bikes drifted on a dirt track? Not to mention talk about a no skill, gimme a dirtbike and i'll drift around on a dirt track for ya :rolleyes

and fuck John Force. That sport is more about $ and good crew than driver skill. (not that i'm saying there isn't skill involved)

and wtf did Jesse James come into the picture?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts