Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
CLSB's Florida Chapter.,
20,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here at Chelsea Proving Grounds (Chelsea, MI) for the SRT dealer event, they let us drive all the SRT products on a autocross style track. Then the Gen 5 Viper we got to actually put a couple miles on the car and put it thru a few paces. Got to do a full run thru the gears all the way up to a bit over 100mph back down and a few turns. Car felt amazing.

Then the better experience was they put you in the passenger seat and took us on a balls out lap of the road course. Thats where the car REALLY shined. I informed the driver I was a current owner, and he said "i'm gonna show you why this car is SO much better" he ran the car up to about 150-160mph which made it there amazingly fast. Then thru a set of curves that were all higher speed, he mashed the pedal at the apex and you could feel the ESP in action, was never intrusive and kept the car on the perfect path thru the turn, when we came back in hes like "your viper would have been in the weeds at that point" which was very true.

It truely has supercar status, an amazingly nice interior with leather covering every bit.. even the headliner! 18 speaker sound system, Ferrari grade seats, and of course, gobs and gobs of power.

We also got to see them dyno the engine, two verisons actually, first was a bone stock one, it turned 652hp/605ft/lbs. then a warmed up version that was actually for a customer that one was over 850hp/750tq.

New car was amazing, Sorry i have ZERO photos or video from the event. Since it was held on the proving grounds and in the Chrysler HQ, phones/cameras/video were not allowed in any of the areas.

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
3,712 Posts
No pics = it really didn't happen. So, what else did you do after you woke up? :lmao:

I bet it was a helluva ride :cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
CLSB's Florida Chapter.,
20,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How did you get invited? Sounds awesome. Any other cool rides besides the viper?
my dealer is one of the small percentage of dealers that will be a "SRT High Performance Dealer" so this was one of the things we had to do to become one. I have to head back to Detroit next month to go thru a week long training on 2013 Viper repair.

·
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
11,055 Posts
You obviously haven't seen Mopar's tattoo! :lmao:

They let him just on the basis of that! Anyone here got a pic? bueller?

The butterfly above the ass crack?

·
CLSB's Florida Chapter.,
20,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You obviously haven't seen Mopar's tattoo! :lmao:

They let him just on the basis of that! Anyone here got a pic? bueller?
actually if you follow Ralph Gilles (CEO of SRT) he tweeted a picture of my tattoo after him and i were chatting at dinner.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,337 Posts
Well at a current cost of $95K and you having 8 years (2020) you can save $989.58 a month not including taxes..

·
Clever Girl
10,122 Posts
That's pretty cheap for a supercar with those specs.
Seems like they wanted to put in on par with the GT-R, considering that would make them the same price starting.

·
Moderator,
22,442 Posts
Seems like they wanted to put in on par with the GT-R, considering that would make them the same price starting.
With numbers like the Viper has I think you're getting more for your money if you buy that vs. the GT-R.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.