Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
121 - 140 of 171 Posts

·
Mmmmmm....
6,402 Posts
Heal up quick.
16y old/11pm thats a ticket.
She should be home at that time. They should kick parents in there asses.

Accident happened at 9:57pm which is before curfew for that area.

Glad to see you back online so soon!! Heal up and if you need anything, let me know!! :cheers:

·
Grid Marshall. ,
29,341 Posts
Hey everyone!

I'm back home and blessed to be alive. First and foremost I would like to thank everyone that has come out to see me at the hospital, the numerous text messages and everyone's support and kind regards on here. This has really kept my spirits up made the ordeal a bit more bearable. You guys & gals are great :)

The Accident: - Tue Sept 18th @ 9:57pm
I pulled up to the intersection on Quentin rd and Lake Cook into the middle lane traveling southbound. There was a black Acura or Lexus to my right and no one in the left turn lane. The light turned green (no arrows) and the guy in the Lexus/Acura took off with tires squealing as if he though I was going to race him. I have a liter bike and don't need to prove anything to anyone in a car, test's what the track is for. So I took it easy and accelerated at my regular pace, the guy was all the way across the intersection before I was even 1/2 way. Next thing I know I'm aiming straight in between the headlights of a jeep BAM! O can't even explain as to how fast that happened. My bike hit the jeep head on and bounced off as my momentum threw me forward. I hit the jeep with my helmet ant right upper torso than fell backwards. As I'm laying there looking upwards I hear the girl screaming "Oh my God" "Oh my God". I started wiggle toes and fingers to make sure that everything was in tact. I knew right away that the right arm was broken. The paramedics showed very quickly and took me away.
I had surgery on my right arm yesterday and am a member of the metal plate with screws club. I will be seeing the Doc on Tue when the hard cast will go on for about 8 weeks than a soft cast for 4 more weeks. I am not sure of the condition of the bike yet but according to the officer; it is in terrible shape. I am planning on seeing it tomorrow. As mentioned by others, I was wearing full gear and if not for the helmet than I am sure that I would not be here right now.

Sorry it took a while to write this but my right hand is out of commission & I am half blind right now since the glasses were destroyed in the accident.

Once again, thank you for all your support.
Hey Andy, I'm going through a similar recovery right now, except in my case it was my right leg...If you need anything at all don't hesitate to ask...I just got the A-ok to finally drive again so I'm more than willing to help out, as so many here did for me:)

·
You got the talkin' done
15,710 Posts
Glad you are out of that room. Did that guy next to ever shut up? Or did he get out after you?

Anyway, forget about the bike and take care of that right arm.

I have a good personal injury lawyer, so give him a call and see what's what when you are feeling better.

J

·
Seriously?
7,011 Posts
Your arms looks like it was dipped in a toilet :laughing No you know I'm here if you need anything.... see you later'z :)

·
RIP Ashwin
1,303 Posts
Andy...glad to hear that you are home and here to tell your story. I hope you heal up soon! Hope to see you soon! Take care of your arm!

P.S. I'll get my sister to come over with me to cut your hair!!! :neener:

·
PPF Installer
1,286 Posts
Good to hear that you are home and doing ok.

wow that could have been soo much worse and I would have to say thanks to the jack ass that wanted to "race" you is what made you vulnerable.

I just had me a close one on Lake Cook yesterday afternoon, I was about to punch out that bitches window but cooler thoughts prevailed.

·
CRF50 Squid
9,583 Posts
Heal up quick. WSE is setting up another slut run Friday of next week. Manheim whores love gimps.

·
Mr.President-FTMFW!!!
1,482 Posts
Glad you are home Andy! Heal up quick! Oh and I want to sign your cast when you get it put on! ;)

·
Pathological Thrill Seekr
5,196 Posts
Holy Cow!! It looks like you are lucky to be alive! Heal up quick! :cheers

121 - 140 of 171 Posts