Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not the best outing for the new Kawasaki GP bike at Motegi. I won't say more and spoil it for those who haven't seen it.

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
just saw it. little disapointing but it looked kick ass.

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
yep i saw it, pretty bike to bad it had a debut like that!:(

·
(no comment)
353 Posts
From watching what happened, and listening to the announcers, it seemed to be caused by the lack of, or could have been prevented by the use of, a slipper clutch. I'm really suprised that Kawi, of all companies, wasn't using one. I thought Kaw kinda had the whole clutch thing down pat. Heck, some of the AMA guys run them, Graves for example, so I can't see why Kawasaki wouldn't be using them at the GP level.

Too bad for Akira, Kaw, and the fans. It was a much anticipated day. I hope they do better in the last few rounds. It may take years for them to become even remotely competitive though. Look at team Modenas/Proton, they are just finally getting their bikes into good qualifying positions.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
His hip was slammed by that highside

They carried him off the track and his hip looked like it got really slammed by that highside. The announcers did say something about KAWI not using a slipper clutch so go figure. I would think that they should be fairly embarrased if that is what actually caused it. He definately lost the backend going into the turn and then highsided.

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
I Read that the motor seized:(

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
yeah they mentioned the clutch and the back end was squirley on him in several corners. But if the engine seized. Thats another ball game. And yeah the way he was carrying on afterwards, I bet his hip is messed up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts