The concept drawing look a bit clunky though!:nono

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BusaDave said:
I can certainly tell you that 220+ HP rocks!:thumbsup :thumbsup

The concept drawing look a bit clunky though!:nono

I think that's just a general bike with it's fairings off to show the motor. First KR is more of a drag race kind of guy. It does mention that there will be a road race bike and Lotus is good with aerodynamics so I doubt that's what the bike will look like.;)

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Crazy said:

I think that's just a general bike with it's fairings off to show the motor. First KR is more of a drag race kind of guy. It does mention that there will be a road race bike and Lotus is good with aerodynamics so I doubt that's what the bike will look like.;)
The article did say they were going for straightaway advantage first.:thumbsup

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BusaDave said:

The article did say they were going for straightaway advantage first.:thumbsup
also notice those airdam's. I don't think they'd need to be that long unless they we're getting covered;)

·
Registered
916 Posts
Crazy said:
First KR is more of a drag race kind of guy.

????? when was KR involved in drag racing??? Never heard that before.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
vtr996 said:

????? when was KR involved in drag racing??? Never heard that before.
My bad:nono ....thinking of somebody else. KR is the MotoGp guy. Regardless the article states they are builing it for straights first.:D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hopefully 220hp was a little conservitive. Honda just played with them this year. If I remember right, Honda is at 250 hp as of now. It's gona be hard for the rest to catch up. At least Kenny decided to go with the same motor design. The other day, the old man at the bike shop squibbled some numbers on a piece of paper explaining the v5 therory. At a 1000cc, a 5 clyinder has almost 1 inch more in piston surface. Valve train will be lighter, more port area, therefore better ability to flow more fuel/air. It was nice to see someone else win besides Rossi. Just don't know if anyone can do it on anything but a Honda.

·
Registered
916 Posts
nedragr said:
It was nice to see someone else win besides Rossi. Just don't know if anyone can do it on anything but a Honda.
If you can't beat the RC211V....COPY IT!

I think it will be a couple more years before the other guys catchup to big RED's head start. Rumor has it the current RC211V is the FIFTH generation of that bike already!!!!!

And with next years grids getting filled with HRC/Moriwaki....ect backed RC211's they will have the numbers on thier side aswell.

How many M1's will Yamaha provide to Sattelite team? Or Kawi? Or Suzi? VERY few...and not only does that reduce chances of a podium....it's also less R&D data than Honda will be getting.

In short the RC211V looks poised to dominate GP racing for some time, just like the NSR500 did... If your NOT riding a honda, your bringing a plastic knife to a gun fight!

·
(no comment)
353 Posts
Crazy said:
Didn't know Lotus was involved with bikes at all:confused :confused
I think when it gets to this level, it doesn't matter if it's bikes or F1 cars, it's about science, technology, and physics. The guys at Lotus know how things work and in conjunction with KR, they can hopefully put some of their experience towards KR's goals.

It's like the new VRod. Harley-Davidson doesn't know jack about making quality engines, that's why they went to Porsche for some help. :laughing

I think it's good that there are companies out there that will still try to compete with Honda, Yamaha, and Suzuki. The world needs competition.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Also heard a couple of weeks ago that Roberts hired Rob Muzzy also to help in the 4 stroke developement. Now with Lotus involved, don't know what or how much Muzzy will contribute. To me, it sounds like Kenny is tired of losing to Honda. Can see a British Racing Green bike in the line up though.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nedragr said:
Hopefully 220hp was a little conservitive. Honda just played with them this year. If I remember right, Honda is at 250 hp as of now. It's gona be hard for the rest to catch up. At least Kenny decided to go with the same motor design. The other day, the old man at the bike shop squibbled some numbers on a piece of paper explaining the v5 therory. At a 1000cc, a 5 clyinder has almost 1 inch more in piston surface. Valve train will be lighter, more port area, therefore better ability to flow more fuel/air. It was nice to see someone else win besides Rossi. Just don't know if anyone can do it on anything but a Honda.

Man I'm way out of the loop. I'm glad I posted this cause I had no idea those bikes were putting out that kind of hp

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Crazy said:

Man I'm way out of the loop. I'm glad I posted this cause I had no idea those bikes were putting out that kind of hp
Now all we need to do is get cars to the same power/weight ratio with similar gas mileage!:cheers

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BusaDave said:

Now all we need to do is get cars to the same power/weight ratio with similar gas mileage!:cheers
I was just watching one of those TNN shows, can't remember which one or the name of the shop but they built a vette with 490+ hp and it got 30+ mpg on the highway. all motor. that's pretty good.

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Crazy said:

I was just watching one of those TNN shows, can't remember which one or the name of the shop but they built a vette with 490+ hp and it got 30+ mpg on the highway. all motor. that's pretty good.
:twofinger

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts