Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm moving inside for the winter. I've been in Ken's Indoor Racing League (KIRL) for the last two years, and the first race of this winter is tomorrow at the CIR in Buffalo Grove. It's a bunch of dirty short track racers, but it's fun. Usually between 40 and 80 people show up, and they divide groups by weight. Then the top 4 to 6 from each weight class race each other in a super finale. There are three "qualifying" rounds, and one final guaranteed, for a total of around 80 laps.

Cost is $65 a race, and it's the first Sunday of every month and alternates between CIR in Buffalo Grove and Addison. Show up by 4:15 tomorrow to get in tomorrow's race.

www.kirl.net

Reactions: Troy

· DONATING MEMBER
24,867 Posts
Ha too funny. Ken is the father of one of the kids on my daughters tri team. I see him every weekend at the CX races. I can't make this one, but next one I should be in. I was already given a warning after everybody saw the last video I took from our Verdigris Village kart day. :laughing: I am a bad man. :laughing:

· Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ken's a great guy. He really puts in a big effort to make sure everyone is having a good time, and it is good racing. But don't expect to win just because you're fast! There isn't any better winter practice.

· Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a road course with like 15 turns depending on the layout.

· Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KIRL uses the house go karts. Maybe if we get enough people interested, they'd let us do pocket bikes :)

· God forgives, we don't
210 Posts
KIRL uses the house go karts. Maybe if we get enough people interested, they'd let us do pocket bikes :)
Oops sorry I assumed it was for "mini bikes". We have a place in Sterling, VA called AllSports that does go carts all year but also indoor mini bike races all winter. You're allowed to go up to a Honda 150R without any engine mods. Lots of people bring out their pit bikes. Fun as hell. I'd be down if we can convince them :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.