Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
5,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked up the TT over the weekend....:thumbsup
Thanks to the owner, Brian, and the Sales Mgr., Andy, of NTS for making 7 weeks of my bike being worked on, go down smoothly.

Recap:
TT: Blew valves on way to upper Wisconsin, which subsequently locked the motor.

Brought bike into NTS for service, in lieu of this, they let me use a 2002 Daytona 955i :thumbsup until it was fixed.

So in that 7 weeks I rode the Daytona to Minnesota, Wisconsin, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina and everywhere in between. :thumbsup
Notables were: intro @ Blackhawk, full day @ Putnam, lowside on Wildcat Mtn.:rolleyes, on and around Deal's Gap, and a 104mph speeding ticket (39 over).

I found myself actually looking forward to getting my bike back, but after 3000 or so miles that I put on the Daytona (FOC BTW:D)
I found riding the TT painfully inadequate :( .

Bike for sale!! ;)

Brian

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
LOL, thats the last time they ever let anyone borrow a bike :D :D

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
welcome back dude. real men ride 600s. men with small penises ride liter bikes, they're compensating.

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Why dont ya go trade yours in one the one you were riding? They might give ya a good deal on it now that it's used :)

·
habitual line stepper
3,235 Posts
That is very sweet that they let you borrow a bike while yours was being worked on. Incredible actually. How did they handle the low side.

Yeah, the Daytona is sweet.

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Vcook said:
welcome back dude. real men ride 600s. men with small penises ride liter bikes, they're compensating.

LOL, I dont even wanna hear what you have to say about us hyper bike folk then :D :D :twofinger :twofinger

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
"compensating":evil :evil

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
KBOlsen said:
"compensating":evil :evil
I'd like to hear what Vcook thinks Kim is compensating for.:D :laughing :laughing

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
LOL
:laughing

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
I went down there to pick up my SV from the previous owner who had it stored there. From what I've gathered from him and a couple others, they are quite good. The service guy is supposed to be a wizard with the bandit engines.

I'll be keeping them in mind when I go shopping for the Speed Four next summer/fall. It's a haul for me, but a good dealership is worth a drive. The next closest Triumph dealership is Power Motorsports. Greg (turbospeedIII) said Nielsen's isn't a dealer fro them anymore since they didn't order any bikes last year. Oh well, their loss.

Brian, I say stick with the TT. It's a better track bike!

Chris

·
Banned
5,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jack said:
How did they handle the low side.

Yeah, the Daytona is sweet.
So far, they said "Don't worry about it" and the like. I offered to make good and replace/repair the damaged components, and still they said "Don't worry about it". So I am going with that.
It was a low speed low side, and only the lower fairing, and alt. cover were affected.....oh yeah, and grover's saddle bag:laughing(which was replaced)

Brian

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Brian said:

So far, they said "Don't worry about it" and the like. I offered to make good and replace/repair the damaged components, and still they said "Don't worry about it". So I am going with that.
It was a low speed low side, and only the lower fairing, and alt. cover were affected.....oh yeah, and grover's saddle bag:laughing(which was replaced)

Brian

Pretty lucky that thing didn't get impounded on your little speeding sware'.:D That could of been a mess.:D :cheers

·
Registered
528 Posts
Here's an idea. Keep the TT for the track like previously mentioned and make them a deal on the 955. Hey, you know the previous rider and the history of the bike right?:laughing

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
TerminatorR1 said:
Is that on 111th st. and rt 59?
Yes Chad, that's the one;)

·
CLSB SuperHero
1,808 Posts
Crazy said:

Yes Chad, that's the one;)
Cool. We insure them. I can just see it now, a claim coming across my fax for a damaged Daytona 955I.:evil

1 - 20 of 25 Posts