Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a rant about yesterdays weak ass Halloween attempt made by kids.
Not to sound like a old fart but.......
When I was a kid we made an effort to get dressed up and go ape shit. I am talking head to toe. Camo pants, shirt and oem Army issue Jacket and boots. Granted we went out to cause trouble and throw eggs and spray shaving cream as we got older, and every once in a while when we got hungry we would go to a house to get candy :laughing:
But the point is that we were dressed up.
Yesterday when coming home from the health club I noticed 1) not many kids out. Has our over sheltered "protect the children" society come to this? Oh no, keep your kids in on Halloween, have parties at someones house that way our children wont have to be subjected to the cold or have to actually interact with strangers. These little shits barley leave the house as it is, if they are not at school they are sittin' on their asses indoors playing video games. Please parents stop sheltering your kids so much. You are creating social retards. What are they going to do when they get in the real world and have to interact with people they do not know? Our parents were happy to get our asses out of the house for an evening.
2) These kids don't even dress up. They wear a fuckin' Bears Jersey top and jeans. " Who the fuck are you?" i ask... " I am a football player." " Fuck you, you are wearing the same shit you wear to school everyday or when you hang with your friends." Put some damn effort into the holiday if you expect to get free candy.
Rant over, just had to get that one out.

Under200

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
We had MANY kids come to the door without any outfit whatsoever. (no, not naked)
We had many kids ring the doorbell over and over and I was sitting 7 ft from the door.
We had kids KICK our front door to knock.
We had many kids not say Trick or Treat.
We had many kids rude to us and to each other.
We had many kids not say thank you.

And some bright young man decided to smash our pumpkins on our driveway (removed them from the porch) Didn;t anyone tell him he is supposed to do that in the street?

My favorite was the fact that we had AT LEAST 200 KIDS that were NOT from our neighborhood.

Gotta love this holiday.

·
I miss mopar
8,247 Posts
I'm not that old, but when I was a kid I always dressed up fully, said "trick or treat" and "thank you". Don't know what's wrong with kids now a days.

·
Banned
17,542 Posts
The city was packed with kids with costumes from head to toe (mostly Wolverine, Spidey's, etc etc, nothing original). I drove down Lawrence and around 5:30pm and it was packed. The burbs, eh, not so much. My brother and i took my nieces and nephew out and we left a basket of candy with a note by the door, and when we got back, it wasn't touched. :laughing:

Now, my complaint is with the malls (i gotta take the kiddies there due to the weather). Not one store had candy, it was horrible, my 5 yr old niece was pissed lol. I looked in her bucket and she had 3 pieces of candy, which i gave to her. hahahahah

·
Irony helps us play!
29,500 Posts
Yuppiville, er Naperville stats in our neighborhood:

Every kid less than teen years went all out and so did a lot of parents.

Teen and up, about half went apeshit w/ some interesting stuff, about 1/4 didn't bother and the other 1/4 took a whole 30 seconds to at least attempt to put something 'out of the norm' on.

Surprisingly, no rudeness... Maybe a few missed 'thank yous' from some over-excited little ones but a quick reminder from mom and dad remedied that immediately. (That was actually a good part to see... being held to say the 'thanks'... gotta teach them young)

The teens played the absolute worst trick of all... the motherlode of all tricks.. They deemed us not worthy of even bothering to steal the pumpkin and toss it in the street this year. I was so looking forward to the gruesome mess in the morning, so waiting, so hopefully... but NO!!! They gave me the slip and there it was still sitting on the table out front...untouched..

Those bastards!!!!!

·
Cruising through life
2,173 Posts
it actually wasn't too bad by us... all of the kids had costumes except those that looked to be about 7-8th grade, then it was their soccer uniform. all the kids said trick or treat (i didn't give them candy if they didn't say it) and most said thank you.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Arch, actually, for the small kids, MANY Moms and Dads, did remind the forgetful ones to say, Thank You. That was nice.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We had MANY kids come to the door without any outfit whatsoever. (no, not naked)
We had many kids ring the doorbell over and over and I was sitting 7 ft from the door.
We had kids KICK our front door to knock.
We had many kids not say Trick or Treat.
We had many kids rude to us and to each other.
We had many kids not say thank you.

And some bright young man decided to smash our pumpkins on our driveway (removed them from the porch)

My favorite was the fact that we had AT LEAST 200 KIDS that were NOT from our neighborhood.

Gotta love this holiday.
Damn, they really were bad by you, kicking you door?? WTF. How damn rude. Thank you is a term they no longer know. A very bad case of entitlement, they all have it. Mommy and Daddy always told them that they were the most important thing in the world and now they believe it and think their shit don't stink.
I see it all the time with my friends who have kids. They raise their kids and give them everything they never had, many times by going into debt. They have created little monsters who expect everything and do no know what the word "no" means.

Under200

·
Registered
998 Posts
I was a buddies house helping out and if you were not in costume you got shit. (the black and orange candys) LOL those things will make you go get a costume. Half the kids that came to the door were not dressed didn't speak English. They would just knock at the door and I would answer. I'd ask "what are you?" they would look at me like I was gonna deport them.

·
Armed law abiding citizen
19,052 Posts
The few I had at my door had decent costumes, and all said thank you. It was emberassing when a younger (maybe 15) yo girl had a "costume malfunction". Her friends all laughed at her, telling her her top was way too small. She ran off my deck to fix herself, and the others got extra candy for laughing at her.

·
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔn&#60
11,372 Posts
HAHA i love this thread.

Heres my rant entering thru my gate and leaving thru the same gate they opened and no closing the dam thing.

And to top it off I noticed how ignorant some of these parents were after listening to them say they are home the lights are on and then calling them cheap bastards cause they didnt give out candy.

Funny thing Is its the same Group Of people that get everything for free

·
Serious inquiries only
13,775 Posts
I'd ask "what are you?" they would look at me like I was gonna deport them.
"I'm Citizen!" :lmao:

not too bad up here in the NW burbs, I expected to see more vandalism on the way to work this morning, but didn't see any.

Took the little ones out last night and were dressed up, minded their manners, and got some candies.

I remember going full out also, Under200. Full costume beyond recognition, causing mayhem.

·
Moderator,
23,638 Posts
Last year we bought about 100 candy bars, full size, real thing candy bars. We decorated and had the lights on. We had a total of 4 kids come to our door. Those kids got an @ssload of candy.

This year we got 1 bag of candy, and not 1 ring of the doorbell. I didn't even see kids in my neighborhood. I guess they all went do Arch's street. :laughing

·
Sarcasm in every post.
4,536 Posts
I left work at noon so I could see my daughters class/school event. school is k thru 5. I saw alot of "Pimp" costumes. Maybe they were supposed to be gansters, but most looked like pimps.

·
Armed law abiding citizen
19,052 Posts
I am going to Chills house next year. Get the good candy, and see how big flatsopts on tires can really get on a motorcycle due to inactivity.

·
Moderator,
23,638 Posts
I am going to Chills house next year. Get the good candy, and see how big flatsopts on tires can really get on a motorcycle due to inactivity.
:lmao: :rofl :lmao: Rep sent, Dave.

BTW, I did go riding last week. A female co-worker from the climbing wall came over and I took her for a spin. ;)

·
The Benchwarmer
14,574 Posts
nobody comes out in our neighborhood anymore, no one even took an decorations off the lawn. no shaving cream on residue on the sidewalks. ive definately noticed a downslide of activity over the years.

·
Resident Slow Guy
7,386 Posts
The teens played the absolute worst trick of all... the motherlode of all tricks.. They deemed us not worthy of even bothering to steal the pumpkin and toss it in the street this year. I was so looking forward to the gruesome mess in the morning, so waiting, so hopefully... but NO!!! They gave me the slip and there it was still sitting on the table out front...untouched..

Those bastards!!!!!

OMG! :eek

What is this world coming to?

·
I'm Rick James Bitches!!!
379 Posts
Nothing bad happens in burntashs hood cuz he all growed up now!!!!

Most kids by us were polite.....my own kids pooped out bout 530...which was fine my malibu and pineapple was empty!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts