Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several months ago, there was a group purchase of lap timers. I was broke at the time and could not participate. Now that it's the end of the season (of course) I've got a little extra "scratch" and am in the market.

Which unit did you end up buying, and does anyone else have an interest in perhaps doing another group purchase?

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
If the price is right, I'll be interested. Doubt I'll put it on for awhile though. Need to work on more important stuff other than lap times.

Like going through corner 6 without going in the grass! :laughing

Chris

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
I got mine from Kneedraggers, but you can get it direct from vendor much cheaper. You will only need the lap timer. You should not need the transponder. There is almost always a transponder at the track. The Druckers put theirs out at NESBA events. Save yourself the extra $$$. I paid $209 but if you do like I say above its only $179. Here is a link. Ultra-Lap

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
XT - That's the one!

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
side note. It uses AAA batteries.

I know Mikey was havin problems with his last time out at BHF. I don't think I missed a lap. I really like it.

·
Man with Big Hose
1,432 Posts
I liked Champs XT. I borrowed it at sportbiketracktimes RA events and fell in love with it. oNly problem is on occasion if i ran too close to the transponder it wouldn't registar that lap. could have been a aiming problem butits worth mentioning.

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
Well I used to have an XT up until Sunday afternoon. I am in the market for a new XT....Drucker sells just the receiver for $169...$179 on the XT site. I like to support the local wrench...if we get a handful of people interested I may be able to twist his arm for a better group purchase price.

Who's interested? BTW...I need mine before Putnam. I felt naked out there without one....almost like there was no reason to go fast.

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Drucker's selling the XT, too? I thought he had Mychron's...

$169 sounds good to me.

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm in - for the XT. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
Can someone please STICKEY this thread

I talked to David Weber at XTRacing and he can not offer any more group purchases. He will not move from his $179 price. He did mention their crash policy which basically says if you crash and return the broken unit they will give you a brand new one for $90. They were also very generous in fixing Allen's new laptimer.

I also talked to Matt Drucker and he said he can sell them for $169 (no tax) as long as he delivers them to me at Putnam (out of state). This is the NESBA-discounted price.

He did ask a favor that if we order from him that we have at least three other people interested; he has to order them in fives and doesn't want to be stuck with too many extra going into fall/winter season. Matt is a great resource and a good friend to have if you are into racing and bikes. I think we should definitely support him as much we can.

Whoever wants one for sure, let me know ASAP.

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Me.

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
I should be up for it. Doubt I'll use it until Sunday afternoon, but neat little trinket.

Damn, this Putnam trip is getting expensive.

Chris

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
Sorry Kruz,

I need to back out of this one. Maybe next season. If I get a lap timer I know I'll use it, and that's NOT what I need to be doing right now. I also need to horde the cash to pay off the car and/or bike this winter.

:(

Chris

·
Man with Big Hose
1,432 Posts
I heard Loudes just bought a "slightly" used one :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
Alright.....I kneed to know if anyone has changed their mind. I am calling Drucker to place the order today.

$169 for one XTRacing Laptimer.

This is the final list

1. Me
2. Kim
3. Jeff
4. Ken

Since everyone but Ken will be at Putnam, it makes more sense for everyone to pay Drucker individually. I will pay for Kens and deliver it back to him.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts