Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

21 - 40 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
14,283 Posts
just curious, what happened with the ChicagoRiders group that split from this site? Could someone sum up the story?

Chicago rider is a differnt site YSR50. The website was changed a couple of years ago and is actually .us not .com I was on .com backin the day and I am now on.us Matter of fact I met my current GF 4 years ago on a CR group ride.

·
Registered
12,489 Posts
Chicago rider is a differnt site YSR50. The website was changed a couple of years ago and is actually .us not .com I was on .com backin the day and I am now on.us Matter of fact I met my current GF 4 years ago on a CR group ride.
You trolled her out of CR? LOL :)

·
Boom
13,320 Posts
I still would prefer this forum over FB crap, even though I haven't lived in Illinois for almost a decade, and am on and off motorcycles. But once the sale happened, lot of people got their panties in a bunch and gtfo. I still lurk once in a while, but the core majority of old heads from here are gone.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
i think J Cal is talking about chicagolandbikers.com... i joined that site too when they split off to keep things alive... but its pretty dead over there too. i think i haven't been on that site for at least a year

·
Registered
9,428 Posts
I have been on CR longer than most members there.
But you have been kicked out of most site 100 times over...:lmao:

·
Cuddlie as a koala
7,520 Posts
i think J Cal is talking about chicagolandbikers.com... i joined that site too when they split off to keep things alive... but its pretty dead over there too. i think i haven't been on that site for at least a year
Not missing much. Latest post there is 10-17-2015. Right now the only bike sites I'm on that are still hopping like it was back in the day is WERA's and svriders.

·
Let's boogie!
869 Posts
Wassup homos??!?

168 posts since I last logged in 10/25. Too bad, too bad. General douchebaggery is to blame.

·
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
11,409 Posts
Do you really believe that?
Not at all, the two just happened to coincide. I was just being inflammatory.

Certain hobbies go hand in hand, guns and bikes are one of them.

Some questionable mods- Logtar and others, fucked the natural rhythm of this board, that brought chaos to the force- the guns had nothing to do with it. I love this forum, it will always hold the fondest of memories for me.

Ken's bald ass on a yellow wing

Bek cooking his mushrooms on the grill

Mao doing tires

Whisky at Winks

Buying bikes off Cook

F4Ts with Troy, Eva, and crew.

Cage days with Chills

Demon runs with Steve

This site made my early 20s, it helped me grow into the person I am and I love it for that. Not everyone had the same experience on here, but I wish they could have, it was awesome. One of a kind and amazing, thank you, CLSB.

Happy New Years, everyone.

Rest in peace, those not with us- you are missed.

·
1,322 Posts
Happy New Years, everyone.
+1

·
Weapons Tech Guru
5,153 Posts
99% of the forum could give 2 shits about the weapons section on this forum. If you want to talk weapons go to a weapons dedicated forum.
So in today's number that's all of 8 people now? I'll tell you now the same thing we told your type when the site was booming, if you don't like the topic stay the fuck out of the section. Kinda like the EMR section. If there wasn't a need or desire for it the section wouldn't have been made. And look at the numbers, it was posted in regularly. It's nice to know even on its death bed this forum has retained people like you

·
Weapons Tech Guru
5,153 Posts
And for the record, for 99% of the people not giving a fuck the weapons section ranked #11 out of the 51 available sections to post in. At 41,125 it even beat the motorcycle news forum ON A MOTORCYCLE FORUM!

21 - 40 of 224 Posts